US$172
US$199
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
AC Hotel by Marriott Irvine(Irvine)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$199
  • Pool
All reviewssoup plantationfire pitfree parkingbedroom suitefree breakfastfull kitchenfront deskkitchen tableeasy access to the beachjohn wayne airportparking lotmake your own wafflessmall kitchenettehome away from homenewport beachmarriott propertiesdiamond jamboree
Reviewed March 10, 2018

We stayed at this Residence Inn for two single nights separated by a week at the nearby Newport Coast Villas resort. The hotel is convenient for John Wayne Airport. It has a shuttle service to the airport but often will use Uber, with the cost covered by the hotel. The free breakfasts were excellent, and two or three nights per week the hotel hosts a mixer with free food, beer, and wine. The rooms are comfortable with partial kitchen. When we had a problem with one of the TVs in our room a staff person came and took care of it. We did not make use of the exercise room or the outdoor pool, but I did hike for a couple of miles along the nearby (a block or so East on Main Street) trail alongside San Diego Creek. I understand one can hike or bike the trail for miles, all the way to the ocean in the downhill direction.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2018

Close to the airport, did wait some 20 minutes for a shuttle, eventually called the hotel, put on hold for 7 min 45 seconds, hung up and called again, got someone different and was advised the shuttle was in the shop. Told to take a cab and they would reimburse. I was a little irritate by this after a 15 hour day of work and travel. However when I checked, the very nice girl, whom I spoke to on the phone, warmly welcomed me, apologized for the shuttle issue and paid my cab fare. By the time I got to my room, all was forgiven. Standard suite, however a handicapped one, so a little different layout and a poor shower head, once again due to the handicap facilities. Good night sleep, okay Wifi, very good breakfast for a Residence Inn. The food offering were very generous, fresh and appreciated. Too many breakfast area staff members moving large boxes around to restock under cabinet spaces, this was a little annoying to deal with and should be done after the prime breakfast time. Quick check out and off to work and more travel. Over all a good stay,

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Needed a comfortable room at a reputable hotel within acceptable range of the airport and local attractions in the Santa Ana area and I stumbled upon the Residence Inn Irvine. It is quietly hidden amongst the towering corporate buildings off the 405 near Jamboree Rd and Park Plaza areas. Easy in and easy out. The hotels modern and stylish lobby sets the tone for the stay experience. My mantra or motto for the best hotel experience is that it must have that "New New" look and feel. Kudos to Marriott on this property! The tone was set with the checkin staff being uber cordial. True first impressions of any place begins with your 1st encounter with personnel, and the young lady who greeted us set the tone! We were given descriptions of various rooms along with a recommendation based upon our preference of window views. The room overlooking the atrium/pool area was definitely a good recommendation. Very good sized studio room with a full kitchen, large sofa w/pullout bed, King bed, clean bath/shower areas. Free parking, free breakfast and free coffee on-site. Had no need to open the $3.50 bottled water. Hotel provided complimentary coupons for local restaurants. This property will be on my priority choice list as my Orange County Hangout. - tim

Room Tip: High floor - Pool view
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2018

Stayed for 8 nights in February, on business trip. Location is near I405 & I5 freeways, so access is good, with plenty of parking. Check-in was quick & efficient, and the room (a suite?) positively huge by European standards.There was a small kitchenette, with fridge/freezer & microwave. And a comfortable sitting area. WiFi worked well, and there was a small gym & outdoor pool.A decent buffet breakfast was included, and they served up a small early-evening buffet on some mid-week evenings. A couple of small issues (TV remote not working & fire alarm battery needed changing) were sorted fairly quickly. There is a range of restaurants & bars within waling distance, and a large mall about 5 mins drive away.
Overall, this is good place to stay - but if you are not going to use all the facilities, then the (slightly) more basic Courtyard hotel just across the street might offer better value.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2018

Plus: The suites are sweet (sorry). Fairly well thought out. Great storage available (closet, dresser, nightstand, place to keep wallet & change). Kitchen is fantastic. We only stayed one night, but I can see where a month's stay would be easy here. I like that the sinks are outside the shower/toilet area. Great shelves in the shower itself. Hope is just the friendliest staff/manager you could hope for (sorry again, had to do it ). Monday through Wednesday mixers are a fun time to relax with some food & drink while getting to know others.

Minus: When I went into my assigned room, it was not made up. I don't understand how, with today's systems, a room is assigned to a guest when it has not been cleaned. A new room was assigned to us immediately. Rooms could use a little standard maintenance. Our suite had loose toilet paper holder and a bathroom shelf that was coming off the wall. We reported these upon departure so the next guest won't have to deal with these issues. I wonder if the hotel has a standard (monthly? quarterly?) maintenance walkthrough to check for such things?

Room Tip: choose form pool view or outside view- mainly of SD River gully
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple