“Great place for take out Italian Lunch”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 745 Restaurants in Irvine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Michelson
Transit: Orange County Transit
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Right next door to Il Fornaio is the Il Fornaio Cucina Italian lunch kitchen. They make delicious salads and sandwiches to go. You can also your lunch outside on their patio or in a small courtyard with shade. Great for lunch!

Marcello A, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2018

Thank you for your visit and comments. I am very happy you enjoyed your visit at the bakery café and hope you come back soon.
Best regards

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Visiting from out of town. Sat outside and enjoyed California sunshine with dinner. The seafood special was extremely well prepared, scallops were delightful. Took and risk and it paid off coming, would recommend to others. Simple and delightful

Hello Jenny, thank you for your patronage and comments, I am very happy you enjoyed your experience with us.
Best regards

Reviewed April 13, 2018

I have been to this restaurant many times over the years. Courteous staff, simple, good food at reasonable prices. I will continue to dine here.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Took the kids and grandkids for dinner tonight at Il Fornaio at their request

Maybe a 50/50 night for good food

To begun, we had a great server — could not have asked for a nicer and more helpful server

Sadly,that was the highlight of the evening

Let’s see....what did we have

Two had flat pasta noodles and Bolognese sauce. Bland.....REALLY BLAND

One had black and white seafood ravioli —— dry, not enough sauce

One had pizza....good, but how hard is that to do ?

One had risotto —- also dry and “hard”...takes al dente to a new, and unpleasant level It got sent back

Finally ..... the grandson had penne pasta with butter.....the only winner

Marcello A, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Hello Dave, thank you for your visit and your detailed comments. I am sorry you were not pleased with the food quality, please accept my sincere apologies for the incident as it is not our standard. We continue to work on guest satisfaction and hospitality and your feedback is very valuable, thank you.
I hope you forgive us and come to visit again where you are in the area, and if you are not pleased with any dish, please let the manager on duty know so he can follow up.
Sincerely

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

The SoCal version of this restaurant is very different from NorCal. It is big, great for large parties, and noisy. I think this place is probably best for large parties. We had Saltimbocca was not tender and took some effort to cut, let alone chew. The Butternut Squash was tastier but overpowered by tomato sauce. I should just stick with the chicken and penne pasta, like I do up north. Unless I am with a large party, I will not dine at this restaurant, in this city, again. Very impersonal.

Marcello A, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Hello Gina, thank you for your patronage in Northern California, your recent visit and feedback. We continue to work on guest satisfaction and hospitality and your comments are very valuable, thank you. I hope you come and visit again when you are in the area and let management know if there is anything we can do to accommodate your needs; we have quite areas, a private table in the wine cellar, and in the kitchen, and more.
Sincerely