1,037 results
All reviews market place red bar hour market open hours valet parking convenience store shower door valet service lobby bar happy hour orange county self park modern hotel business trip enjoyed my stay rooms are nice newport beach
Reviewed July 23, 2015

First off the pillows and mattress were supper lumpy. I woke up the next day with a pain in my neck and back. Then to top that off the service at breakfast was very slow.
The first day I had the complimentary breakfast. There were no spoons at the yogurt station and I had to ask three people for a spoon before I got one. Another lady had the same issue and she asked the hostess who happened to pass by and she just said oh they are bringing it right out. How did she know when she as at the front all that time? Even after 10 minutes when I finally got my spoon there were no spoons put out by the yogurt. There isn't a great option if you want to eat healthy just yogurt or a few iffy looking fruit.
The next day I did not want to deal with the complimentary breakfast so decided to order a hot breakfast from the menu. First I asked for coffee and the coffee came out right away but no creamer. I had to ask for it and wait 10 minutes. Then there were no place settings or stirrers. So had to ask for it and wait another 10 minutes by that time the coffee was cold. Ordered the breakfast and had to wait over 30 minutes for it to come out. Mind you they were not busy it was after 10 a.m. and the morning rush was over.

Room tip: Higher the better. The lobby/1st floor's extremely busy & loud. My husband was there for 2 weeks, it was the same for his entire stay.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JD S, General Manager at Hotel Irvine, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2015

It’s always tough to read comments like the ones you have posted here when our main goal at Hotel Irvine is to provide exceptional service that our guests will remember long after they’ve checked out. It’s upsetting to read that the level of service was below your expectations, and ours, on both days you joined us for breakfast. I want to apologize to you, and let you know that we take our guest’s comments to heart. I have taken the time to share your feedback with our managers and staff so we can work to ensure that this type of situation does not happen in the future.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. If you’re ever back in the OC area, we hope to see you again soon so we can really show you what we’re all about.

Reviewed July 22, 2015

My timing wasn't great, as there was a dance competition going on all week while I was there. That meant the marketplace store was overrun with teens and tween and their chaperones...buying a snack took 30 minutes! The restaurant was quite good, burgers were really tasty and the beer I had was also quite good.

The rooms are updated in some ways, but not in some others. TV quality was pretty bad; I ended up having to point a light at the sensor on the TV to get the picture bright enough to view! There was no dresser in the room...I like to unpack my clothes for the week while I'm there. There was a room adjoining mine with a double door. Next door was a family with an infant...it sounded like the infant was in my room when it cried at 1:00 a.m.

On my first morning taking a shower, I found a used bar of soap still in the shower from a previous guest...just how thoroughly had my room been cleaned?

Overall, the hotel felt a bit tired even though it had just been through a substantial renovation. I'll choose another hotel

brand on my next visit to Orange County.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Chief601

I appreciate you taking the time to share our feedback here. It definitely seems like the timing was a bit off with you traveling for business during one of our larger group events, but that doesn’t excuse the things you have mentioned here. I can assure you that I have taken the time to speak with our housekeeping manager regarding your comments on the shower and I want to apologize that your room wasn’t in perfect condition for your stay.

I know there are many choices in the area for business travelers, and I hope you’ll give us another shot to be your go-to place in the area. We do agree that the burgers in EATS Kitchen & Bar are some of the best in the area, but it is our goal to make everything within the hotel just as memorable. If there is anything we can do for you, please just let us know.

Reviewed July 21, 2015 via mobile

I travel around 260 days of the year and have stayed in hundreds of hotels but i have to say that the hotel Irvine is possibly the best hotel i ever stayed in. It is well run and hassle free. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the rooms were beautiful and comfortable. I was very impressed with how inexpensive the restaurant was and the food was exceptional. Can't say anything negitive about this hotel. They can certainly teach alot of hotels out there how an establishment should be run. Kudos to Hotel Irvine.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

Decent room, typically poor TV picture quality, no room service that other higher-end hotels provide. Only one waiter at bar on Friday night - under-staffed. Worst was paid $279 per night through Trip Advisor & hotels.com online, then received the hotel bill for over $600! No staff to help solve issue until Monday, 7/20. Extremely unhappy and disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
JD S, General Manager at Hotel Irvine, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2015

Thanks for taking a minute to send us your feedback. Although I’m glad to see that you enjoyed the room, I’m really sorry to read that you were so disappointed in your experience overall. As part of our nearly $40 million reinvestment initiative in 2014, we created a 3,000 square foot Marketplace that offers complimentary 24/7 room delivery. I apologize if that wasn’t better communicated during your stay. The inadvertent room charge is unacceptable, and I appreciate that you brought it to our attention so we could rectify the bill. If there is anything else that seems incorrect on your final room statement, please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know. We want to make sure everything is taken care of for you.

I have taken the time to share your comments about the TV and the bar service with our managers so we can look in to both of these items.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback. On the off chance that we miss the mark, we appreciate the opportunity to learn from guests like you who take the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

Actually booked this by mistake after failing several times whilst trying to book a hotel in Anaheim. In the end we are really pleased we stayed at the Irvine. Probably 20mins from Disney but easy journey. The rooms were good, pool was great and the food good too. Free breakfast a bonus. Valet parking staff were a bit grumpy but that's forgivable

Trip type: Travelled with family