“Excellent Prime Rib and Caesar Salad! plus for giants and other travelers and homeys”
Review of Gulliver's

Gulliver's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gulliver's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 754 Restaurants in Irvine
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 24, 2017

We revisit Gulliver’s each time we are in Irvine, and we have not been disappointed, though the Caesar salad varied somewhat in quality. Pleased to state that last Saturday’s was one of the best we had. Wife had the Ahi tuna tartare as the main course, which was as usual fresh and delicious, and I had the gigantic BROBDINGNAGIAN cut of prime beef (bone in 1 lb++, $56.95), which was cooked just right (rare) with excellent sauce, creamed corn, spinach, whipped horseradish, and a Yorkshire pudding- absolutely the best prime rib anywhere. Fit for giants and aspiring humans. As I indicated earlier, they also know how to make real martinis. We will come back as usual.
Old Review (2015)
Very popular place with a quaint English style decor. Outstanding Caesar salad made by our waiter, Shane, with the right ingredients including ample olive oil and garlic. Escargot was also wonderful and piping hot. Prime rib was done just right with excellent sauce. Also, they know how to make a real martini. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

Gullivers has been serving great food in a great atmosphere since I was a kid, I remember my folks pointing towards A local celebrity during several visits and although long since dead the place is still quite magical.
Olde English pub is the motif and unlike some places where dust has been allowed to accumulate the place seems to be clean and neat and well preserved.
We had a party of 10 and we were well received and seated promptly. Our servers were extremely attentive and well versed in the menu they took great care of us bringing all that we desired to order and drink. Our food was prepared literally right before our eyes and served hot and delicious. Creamed corn is a staple and homemade with heavy cream and sweet corn, it's something I remember almost more than the Prime Rib, the cuts were ample and as is typical the crust was delicious and flavorful the center somewhat lacking in flavor.
Although I'd prefer desserts made onsite they were good quality but I thought the trifle was a bit dry even with an ample pouring of sherry so they quickly subbed that out for an apple bread pudding.
We were well cared for and the food portion was well worth the price the side dishes were excellent so we are still happy to know that a Newport area staple is still around and doing well, as I would expect.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Had a really great experience at Gullivers restaurant.
My wife and I tried the Filet Mignon and Ramon's Chicken to try different flavors and they were both outstanding meals.
Great service from Rochelle our waitress, and very personal and attentive service overall.
I would highly recommend this if you are looking for a kind of old British Pub atmosphere, very traditional and excellent food and service.

Reviewed April 7, 2017

Slight seating snafu at the start - but they rectified it and sat us at the best table in front of the fire place.

Food was all excellent - filet mignon was a tad overcooked - but made up for it in wonderful taste. Prime rib was huge and also tasted really good. Sides were plentiful and tasty.

Cocktails were very good and we had wine and port too! They threw in a sweet for our anniversary. Waitress was on point - checking in appropriately, making suggestions, and was friendly.

Would go back again!

Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

We were seated very quickly. The staff was accommodating and helpful. The atmosphere was interesting but warm and cozy. Our waiter assisted with the special requests made by our party and was very understanding. The food came quickly and was generously portioned! My husband had a "sampler platter " and I had the duck. Everyone on the table enjoyed their dinner that night and it made for a PERFECT way to say "Aloha " to family and friends!

Date of visit: February 2017