“Excellent Short Track in Los Angeles Area”

Irwindale Event Center
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Irwindale
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a great short track to watch races in Los Angeles area. The Nascar races are always fun to watch. There is also a drag strip here. In an area where Car is King, this is a fun experience which is a local draw.

1  Thank mini
"boats"
"track"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I'm a huge racing fan, and so whenever I need my local short track fix, I visit Irwindale Speedway. The racing is fun and the track is pretty easily accessible via the freeway. Getting into and out of the parking lot is also usually pretty painless, thanks to a very organized speedway staff. My one complaint is that the food on-site is a bit expensive, but I suppose that's to be expected. In all, an affordable and fun night out!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have been a fan of racing since 2006 and I love coming out to this race track every year when the K&N Pro Series, Late Model and the Toyota All-Star Showdown came to town! I'm sad their not here this year but hopefully we have the K&N series out here next year because they would put on a show for the fans! Parking is great, concession stands have great food and there is no bad seat to watch a race at Irwindale!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We took our mother-in-law out to the Nascar races for early Mothers Day, she had a great time. Parking was very good with a very attentive guy name Glenn. Our daughter and grand daughter also had a good time. A lot of exciting things were going on that night, 1/3 mile track, trucks, cars, figure 8 and to end the night trailer races. The night started with the American Idol season 10 contestant which sang the National Anthem and he did a great job. The gave away lots of T shirts to the crowd, food drinks all reasonable priced. Over all a great value. If you ever wanted to see a Nascar race but did not want to pay $50.00 to $150.00 per ticket come here for a night. The internet price of $10.00 can't be beat. This is a very safe place for the family and great entertainment. The whole experience was amazing!
Bathroom facilities was very clean as well as the grounds and parking lot. This is a first class facility any way you look at it.

1  Thank RetiredIBEW
See more reviews
Reviewed April 15, 2013

On April 6th, I, along with family and friends, attended the grand re-opening celebration of the return of NASCAR racing to Irwindale Speedway (now Irwindale Event Center). After a year of being dark, and a year and a half of no NASCAR races at Irwindale, there is new owners/management with a commitment to NASCAR racing. This awesome 1/2-mile oval is up and running again and we couldn't be happier!

If you haven't been here before, it is a very family friendly, rockin' and racin' good time. The new managment has kept low ticket prices we used to pay -- $15.00 adults / $5.00 kids / $5.00 parking. You will certainly get your money's worth of entertainment here. Several races are scheduled each Saturday they run (about 2x's a month). You'll get to see late models, mini-stocks, trucks, even demolition and trailer racing!! Check their schedule for more info. Also, every ticket is a "pit pass". Guests get to go down on the track and meet and talk with the drivers!

There is also a decent selection of food at the concession stands, as well as the vendors that set up inside the park. I had the best pulled pork sandwich from "All Things BBQ". Eating/drinking inside the venue can get a little expensive if you are trying to pinch pennies, but it is not over the top, like say, movie theaters.

You also have the option of tail-gating before the fesitivities. The gates open about three hours before racing begins so guests have plenty of time to bbq and hang out with friends. I highly recommend this place to anyone -- this is a great way to spend a Saturday night.

Also, I would like to deeply and sincerely thank the new owners for giving us back our NASCAR -- this is going to be a great season and opening night was just the beginning!!

2  Thank Carole K