“Enjoyable even for the "Non-Racing Fan"”

Irwindale Event Center
Ranked #3 of 5 things to do in Irwindale
Reviewed 6 October 2014

Bought a discount ticket on Groupon. Had a really great time. We went for the "NASCAR: Night of Champions presented by 805." I've never followed NASCAR or any kind of Speedway sport, however we had a lot of fun at this event! The Groupon gave us a great deal that included the gokart track, a hot dog meal and entrance to the event itself. The gokarts were really fun, my face hurt afterwards from smiling the entire time! GoKart tips: Girls-take out your earrings, the helmets are a tight squeeze. We got there when they opened around 430PM so there wasn't a crowd. Not sure if a bigger crowd came later. Worth the discount price, not really for $20 full price.
Getting to see the cars up close and meet the drivers on the track before the race was also a fun treat. Some of those kids are even too young for a Driver's License! Cool to get to stand on the track. The crowd was just right for us as it wasn't jam packed and we weren't squooshed up against people. Beer was reasonably priced, cheaper than the Fair. Parking is $5. Best to have cash for purchases, but there was a portable ATM on site. Bathrooms were large and acceptable, never had to wait. We were there from about 430P-11P, racing was 7p-11p. Only needed earplugs for the main event race. It was a warm night, but i'm sure it gets cold there. Best race was the "slide cars" where the back wheels had been replaced by flat steel plates. hilarious to watch! All in all a great night out and definitely something different!

2  Thank Jen H
"talk"
"cars"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We have not been out to the track in several years, but some friends were interested in going. My husband discovered that they were holding "A night of Destruction" so we gathered some friends. You can go to their website and buy your tickets and print them out, this saves money and time, no need to wait in line to buy your tickets. They ran a couple of regular races, had a "Soccer match" with three cars on each team trying to push a 300 lb. steel soccer ball in goals. Later they had a race for front wheel drive cars with skidplates on the rear instead of tires, an endure, a figure 8, and topping the night of was a race where cars and a couple of motorhomes all pulling trailers tried to force each other out and smash their trailers. Most all the trailers and boats got smashed up on the track, very entertaining. This is not for people of delicate sensibilities as it sort of low-brow fun. Expensive fun junk food and beers can be purchased. Nice seats and restrooms. Good family activity.

1  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was invited to attend the Saturday evening races a couple years back, and honestly the idea of watching cars go around in circles for a couple hours didn't excite me. I've been several times since and I have to admit that I've always enjoyed every time I've gone, and so have the friends and family I've invited to attend with me. The entrance fee is not too high (about $15) and the food is good but typical attraction priced. It's very easy to get to, just off I-210 and I-605. One recommendation: If you go, arrive early. They bring all of the cars and the drivers out onto the track and spectators are allowed to go onto the track and meet the drivers and ask questions about their cars. It adds to the experience a great deal.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a great short track to watch races in Los Angeles area. The Nascar races are always fun to watch. There is also a drag strip here. In an area where Car is King, this is a fun experience which is a local draw.

1  Thank mini