“Went to see car & motorcycle races”

Irwindale Event Center
Ranked #3 of 5 things to do in Irwindale
Reviewed 22 May 2017

We had a blast ! It was great fun and really exciting at times. At the end of the races they had what they call a trailer race, which is cars pulling trailers with boats, ski-dos, and other various things, and then we found out it was a demolition type trailer pull What a hoot !!!

All reviews
"talk"
"cars"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Formula D and L.A. Racing just to name a few occasions that have brought me here. Fun track, and great viewing. It looks like it doesn't really matter where you sit, you'll have a great view. We also had room and help from staff when pulling in the trailer. Staff was very nice.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I have been going to the races here for about eight years. It's a great family activity. I prefer to have dinner on the way as I think the food there is not great. (But I don't like food at fairs or from food trucks. If you do you will be happy.)

Sadly they are moving more toward Nights of Destruction, which is about as boring as action movies; no plot, no story, no racing. But I do like the real races and go those nights. Never fear, regardless of the evening's event it always ends with a destruction race: figure 9's, chain racing, skid plate racing, trailer racing, etc.

Make sure your kids are there if Bandolero racing is scheduled. Image 10-15 8-17 year-olds driving 40 hp cars around the 1/3 mile track. Last weekend girls finished first and second. (I love when they thank their "sponsors". "I want to thank my grandfather and grandmother, and my aunt and uncle.")

Get there early. I think they still allow fans on the track to view the race cars, talk to the drivers, sign posters, hand out candy, etc. Kids can meet the kids driving the Bandoleros.

Evening will end about 10:30-11PM.

Buy tickets on-line, save $5 each.

Please patronize this. There is pressure to put an Outlet Mall on the site.

1  Thank Ray S
Reviewed 3 April 2016

What a fun family outing, this is something totally different than our regular routine. We went with a bunch of friends and kids of all ages, everyone enjoyed it. The ticket price is a real bargain. Bring a blanket to sit on, since the metal bleaches can be cold. We brought some snacks, plus purchased hot dogs and drinks. We will certainly be attending again next time!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 June 2015

I took my family to "Irwindale's Night of Destruction" last weekend and it was AMAZING!!! We took our kids (ages 6 & 10) and my parents (ages mid 70's) and we ALL had a wonderful time. Everyone LOVED it. This is something that you really need to see at least once. From the smell of the burnt rubber to the sounds of crushed metal, we were all sitting on the edge of our seats. We all tried to anticipate just what would happen next . I would suggest that you bring ear plugs and plan to get there early to claim your seat. Most of these "destruction nights" are sold out. The food is pretty good too. They offer the typical hot dogs, etc., but there is also corn on the cob, barbecue beef, tacos, and shaved ice and funnel cakes. Our family will be back for sure...it was something unique to watch and we all really had a great time.

2  Thank Debra P