“Only the "Silver" Remotes Work”

Best Western Amador Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
MCKINLEYVILLE
“Only the "Silver" Remotes Work”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

So we can't control the volume on the remote control for the TV and they tell us "only the silver remotes have been upgraded or calibrated or some such nonsense, to work with the TV". Well, we had a Black one. So they KNOW ahead of time that they have rooms with remotes that don't work and everyone will have to get up and down/back and forth to change the volume. And they can't get us one that works because they "don't know which rooms those silver ones are in"! We were in room 139. Then the bathroom door won't close. and if you try to close it even part way, it just swings back to almost all the way open. if you stick a towel down there to try to hold it as closed as possible, it still slides back part way. The door was too big for the frame? A hinge was hanging? Whatever it was, they KNOW it is like this already, and I guess they just pretend they're hearing it for the first time if you tell them? like no one had complained before? and, for the third time, a Best Western without a Microwave. I thought they started a campaign years ago to upgrade and outfit every BW to all have the same ammenities. it was raining the next day so we never asked about a pool or hot tub, but I didn't see either.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 139.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat H
wyatt m, Manager at Best Western Amador Inn, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
thank you for the reveiw. i am working on this problem at this time it can be very confusing. once again thank you wyatt m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portland
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I must compliment the front desk staff for being so prompt in getting back to me with my request to get a crib for our stay They did not have one for the dates of our stay but the manager agreed to purchase another one so we would not have to find a different place to stay. They were always so courteous to us and really gave us the impresion they cared about earning their business. The room was clean and comfortable and large enough for our family of 4. It is located in the heart of Jackson so is close to other things. We would recomend this place to anyone from the business traveler to a family with young children. We found the best rate was by booking directly through their site (via Kayak). Great place for a weekend with family.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RunningM
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed at the hotel one night while on a ski trip to Kirkwood. Very nice hotel.

Great:
1. Clean and big room, clean bathroom with good shower-head.
2. Fridge and microwave
3. New and comfortable mattresses
4. Quiet - no noise from outside and very little sound from the AC unit.
5. Decent furniture, granite counters in the bathroom, motion detecting light switches - very nice
6. Location - next block to the downtown, on the intersection of 88 and 49.
7. The hotel sells Kirkwood lift tickets for $64. They are $79 on the mountain.
8. Continental breakfast was very good - the best I ever had in hotels below $100 per night.

Not so great:
TV set is somewhat old.

I wish all my hotel stays would be as good. This is better than average Best Western with lower than average price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ikatsca
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Loved the stay. Jennifer helped us with everything and anything we needed. Clean room, kitchenette. We stayed a month and service was excellent. Clean rooms maid service every third day. Made Thanksgiving dinner here, and had all I needed for cooking. Would recommend, and will stay again if back in area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We arrived late on Christmas Day to a warm smile and a cheerful welcome. The young lady at the counter was so helpful in giving me directions to find a bottle of milk for an 18-month-old when all stores were closed. Later, when I discovered I had forgotten to pack my toiletries, she supplied me with the essentials and a generous "Merry Christmas!" The next morning, we checked out with Michele, who was a complete delight. Her cheerful conversation, assistance with breakfast, explanation of the billing, and general helpfulness were wonderful. We really enjoyed this stay!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan W
Las Vegas, Nv
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I can not say enough great things about the service I received at the Best Western Amador Inn in Jackson, Ca. I had a very a bad experience at the Jackson Lodge on Dec. 23, 2011 and had to move to the Best Westerns, Vanesa was jewel she made sure that the room was warm and give me my AAA discount informed me that I could get a 15% discount at Denny's. Being I had traveled from Las Vegas, NV. I was really tired when I checked in. The room came with queen size beds and refg. and micowave cont. breakfast what more could one ask for. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Being in the service industry I really appreciated the extra mile they gave me, especially Vanesa. Upon check out I encountered a elderly lady at the front desk Vanesa had gotten her coffee and even offerred to get a employee to help her carry it to her room, what great service. If you want good service at a good price check out the Motel. The price for 2 days was $158.38 good deal. I would stay here again and will tell all my friends about this Motel, and the gret service I received for their staff.

Room Tip: Great place to stay at a good price.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank nancyyy158
gilroy
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I originally stayed here because i did'nt want to impose on a friend who lives near by . I started working and visiting in the area more and more . I was so well recieved and welcomed by the staff that i would not consider staying at the Holiday Inn down the street . Normally when i travel , that's the hotel i look for . Tonight i was cheerfully greeted by Vanesa and it made it feel like my home away from home .

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
0.8 km away
5.5 km away
Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort
35.6 km away
Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Amador Inn? Share your experiences!