“So Much Fun”

Gold Prospecting Adventures
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Jamestown
More attraction details
Owner description: As seen on every major network including Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Discovery and History Channels, Tokyo TV, CBS and read about in the New York Times, The San Francisco Chronicle, the Shock Family has some of the most experienced and knowledgeable prospectors in all of Gold Country. We will open doors for the novice to the professional that you may have not known existed. You may lose your pictures but you will never forget the memories. Come have a blast into the past finding gold and learning the art of prospecting on the historic Woods Creek. The surest way to ensure the future is by touching the past.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 16, 2017

Table Top Terry taught us the ropes on panning and sluicing for gold in the creek bed. Terry was very patient with my 9 year son who was having a hard time getting the jist of the panning. It was nice to work at our own pace and we were able to take breaks out of the river when needed. We learned so much and even found a bit of gold! It's a lot of work, but super fun! I recommend Gold Prospecting Adventures to anyone who travels to the area. So glad we booked it. Definitely an experience our family won't forget!

2  Thank Sara H
in 5 reviews
"outfit"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough about Table Top Terry! Terry helped us to have a great time! We learned all the tools and skills to become California gold miners. We found GOLD "Eureka". Don't be fooled, it does take work but, terry made it work. My grandson had a blast slopping around in boots and digging in the creek. If you are anywhere near Jamestown California you should stop and try panning for some Gold. It was a blast!!!

2  Thank Ironman91
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

I wanted to take my 86 year old dad, 2 grown kids and 7 year old grandson for some family fun. We all had fun, had a good workout and learned a lot about how to pan and sluice. Our instructor had lots of patience, was humorous, and still made sure we were doing it all correctly. He was right in there when we needed help. They did a great job and we found some gold.

2  Thank MichelleManteca_CA
Reviewed June 7, 2017

"Frying Pan" Frank did a great job of working with us and educating the children. And we found gold! Best for kids 10-14 unless you don't mind them spending a chunk of time just playing in the river (ours are slightly younger and did) but THEY had fun anyway and also learned quite a bit about the gold rush.

1  Thank Jason R