Open today: 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great Father Son Quality Time

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left Table Top Terry took great care of us. Its... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Edd t
Unique experience. A fun time we will never forget

This was a wonderful experience. I have been to California many times but never realized that a... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2018
Melissa B

All reviews pan for gold gold rush learning how real gold learned how fun activity great fun two hours panning sluice mines california wellies eureka rocks skills outfit
Reviewed August 21, 2017

I was surprised to learn that there are so many intricate steps to gold panning. I learned them all in 15 minutes and was successful quickly. As a result of an expert lesson from Tabletop Terry who was very patient, smart and funny, I found a couple of gold flakes in the first 20 minutes! The woman in the store was informative and accommodating. The creek was easy to find but also oddly hidden; I assume that's to keep out squatters! It was very cool in the water which was heavenly because the air temperature was 100 degrees. So if there is a heat wave, go gold panning! I thank Tabletop for a fun time. I think him for letting me wear my strap-on water sandals which were probably more comfortable than their boots. Normally guests wear heavy fishing boots that they supply. Also, there are little fish swimming around your feet. I believe they were minnows. The water was very clear and I was in the shade. I noticed that down the river a couple of guys were panning in the full sun.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

We spent 3 hours digging in the creek using a pan and sluice and yes we did find gold..Alas not enough to retire on but it was a wonderful morning.Its hard work and you'll end the morning covered in dirt but with an appreciation of how hard the 49ers worked for what was often little gain.The shop in main street is wonderful. Gary was a wealth of stories. A must for anyone with an interest in the Gold Rush

Reviewed August 2, 2017

My husband and I came here when we explored the historic Gold Country in Northern California and had a great time!! We did the 3 hour pan/sluice trip and highly recommend it. "Tabletop Terry" was extremely knowledgeable and showed us how to use the pan and sluice box to find gold. He had a lot of good tips and definitely knew a lot about gold mining history. The trip is a little on the expensive side but is well worth it--so much better than those other places that have you pan in a wooden trough of water in a shop because you really get in the water and work! Very authentic. We found about 15-20 little flakes and mini nuggets and had a lot of fun in the process. We would definitely do it again!

1  Thank lmastr
Reviewed June 26, 2017

We took the kids to pan for gold. They each ended up with a small bit and were satisfied. They have a few options depending on how long you want to pan. We did just the $20 option that let each child pan a single pan. That was enough for them. Very laid back atmosphere.

2  Thank familytraveler455
Reviewed June 16, 2017

Table Top Terry taught us the ropes on panning and sluicing for gold in the creek bed. Terry was very patient with my 9 year son who was having a hard time getting the jist of the panning. It was nice to work at our own pace and we were able to take breaks out of the river when needed. We learned so much and even found a bit of gold! It's a lot of work, but super fun! I recommend Gold Prospecting Adventures to anyone who travels to the area. So glad we booked it. Definitely an experience our family won't forget!

2  Thank Sara H