Review Highlights

Yummy Ciders

Reviewed September 18, 2018
Daniel R
San Diego, California

All reviews tasting flight mead sample dog fun wine
Reviewed 1 week ago

One again this place disappoints. im local and make an effort to give them business bit give me a break. stopped in at 515 pm on friday Nov 9th and am told they are closing early and the "taps are closed"... its BAD ENOUGH THEY ONLY SERVE THERE OVER SWEET CIDER. and no beer, but you closing early on a holiday weekend.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped by for a tasting flight and were very pleasantly surprised by the facility, shops, arcade, restaurant and JHC. We shared a flight of six (6) Hard Ciders... not my thing. I’m not a Beer Guy.

Should have stopped at the Wine & Chocolate Tasting Room in the same building.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We saw the beer, wine, mead tastings advertised in a tourist booklet. We thought it would be fun to try several of them. Unfortunately, we picked a Monday to go to Julian. The beer place was not open but we found the cider place open. We tried their flight with 6 samples along with a free sample to try for an independent review for $10. This is our first time trying cider. The other couple we were with are regular cider drinkers. We differed in our opinions. The free sample was a first time batch and they wanted opinions. My husband liked the sample. In fact, he probably would rate that #1. I didn't like it at all! The girl who worked there was lovely and enthusiastic about her product. It was a pleasant visit.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

One of my favorite places to stop when going to Julian. The ciders are some of the best and the atmosphere is great.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

I found this place on a dog-friendly travel site. It was great for both me and the dog who was presented with a large treat and a lot of love from the young women working there. I ordered the cider flight, which comes with 8 tastes of cider. It's a very generous helping and I had to go next door for tacos before I was able to drive again. Fun little stop with a few gift shops and a pie place with a gorgeous garden down the street. The patio had a band playing 20's style music and people were out there enjoying the Mexican food, cider and sunshine.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

Tasters--mmmmm. We ordered the deluxe taster (just one) to share, and it was plenty. I would say all of them were good enough to enjoy a pint, but the cider was a bit sweet for me to continue past the tasters (9 total), even sharing them. The place has nice booths that will set 5 or maybe 6 people. They had a small dog that is resident there, and we brought our 2 larger dogs with us. The server brought them a dog treat (so classy). The was a pretty amazing-looking Mexican restaurant just outside of the tasting room, and they were OK with people bringing food in. Friendly, fun!!

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

I am not a beer fan, so I thought hard cider would be a good alternative.
This location was highly recommended so we stopped after lunch & pie in Julian.
We had an 8 flight of their current selection and half tasted good, half not so much.
Great atmosphere and service, so a good visit in or out of Julian.

1  Thank zapprint
Reviewed March 29, 2018

The cider here is great! The tasting flight is perfect to find the one you like the best. They always are trying out new ones. I was just in there and they had an oaked Ginger and I went back each day to have some more it was sooooo good. The folks there are great, and helpful! And the atmosphere is fun!

Reviewed June 19, 2017

I am not a big hard cider fan, but wanted to go here because they have so many different types. There were 4 of us, so we ordered 2 complete flights of all their available ciders. Besides the 8 they normally carry, they had 3 additional ones they were trying out...so 11 tastings!
The business is in a converted building, which houses several places (wine, mead, antiques, taco bar, etc). The cider place was fairly good size, with lots of seating options. We were there on a Tuesday morning, so had the place almost to ourselves.
The employee who served us was friendly, but not over the top. We would have liked to learn more about the process, but he was not a chatty type of guy.
We all ended up liking something, so took 3 bottles home. I am still not a hard cider fan, but glad we went.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

This is outside of Julian proper a few miles and part of a little market/antique mall, but it's well decorated. It wasn't overly busy when we were there, and service was
kind of confusing, but the people were friendly and the ciders were good. We tried the flight of seven ciders...it gives you a great overview and chance to pick your favorite. I liked the pear...it was light and refreshing. Definitely worth the stop for a half hour or so....