“Great experience after touring the town”
Review of Julian Hard Cider

Julian Hard Cider
Ranked #11 of 39 things to do in Julian
Reviewed December 28, 2015 via mobile

We stopped by the Julian Cider tasting room after touring the town of Julian. What you don't know is that the building has other vendors such as arts and crafts, winery and chocolate tasting, mead tasting, a taco shop and a tap room for craft beer tasting. You could spend over an hour in the place. A nice fun stop.

3  Thank BoboTravlr

Reviewed October 21, 2015 via mobile

On the 78 on your way to or from Julian. $5 or 5 tastes (all of their ciders). Friendly people. Had our choice of seats on a Friday afternoon. Took our three month old in the stroller and felt very welcome.

2  Thank kzehn
Reviewed June 23, 2015

This place was great! the guy that was working was so friendly and helpful! told us all about the cider as we had our tasting! it was so refreshing and yummy! we wish we could have taken some home on the plane! I would go back for sure!

1  Thank Sarahbythebay94122
Reviewed June 3, 2015

Locate about 10 minutes outside historic Julian is this Hard Cider store. They're open from 1:00 to 5:00 PM and it's inside a shopping area with other tenants.

I met Brad outside the store and told him that one of my Twitter friend suggested to try his cherry bomb cider. He told me it was $5 for five tastings. I showed him my yelp check in and he said the tastings were free.

I assume that the cider was made with local apples. Brad told me that they don't use the Julian apples, as the popularity of their beverages have outgrown them. So they get apples from Portland, Oregon. They try to use Julian apples when possible, usually for the special ciders. The original cider, the Apple Harvest, is from a recipe dating back to 1670.

Stephen, his mother, and I shared a tasting of 5 ciders:
- The apple harvest,
- the black and blue,
- the cherry bomb,
- the razzmatazz? and
- the apple pie

They were all very good, and Stephen ended up buying a case, because you save a dollar per bottle if you do it. At least we purchased it in Julian, but we could've purchased it at Bevmo or other places like that.

I thought I would like the Harvest, but I end up enjoying the Apple Pie more. The Cherry bomb was very good, and I'm glad we took home a few of those bottles too.

2  Thank callmemochelle