Review Highlights
First try at Hard Cider

We stopped while driving by as we've never tried hard cider before. Very friendly waitress and she... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Got2GoCamping
Shelby, Nebraska
Cool stop

We stopped by for a tasting flight and were very pleasantly surprised by the facility, shops... read more

Reviewed November 3, 2018
db7477
Carlsbad, California
via mobile

All reviews tasting flight mead sample dog fun wine
Reviewed June 19, 2017

I am not a big hard cider fan, but wanted to go here because they have so many different types. There were 4 of us, so we ordered 2 complete flights of all their available ciders. Besides the 8 they normally carry, they had 3 additional ones they were trying out...so 11 tastings!
The business is in a converted building, which houses several places (wine, mead, antiques, taco bar, etc). The cider place was fairly good size, with lots of seating options. We were there on a Tuesday morning, so had the place almost to ourselves.
The employee who served us was friendly, but not over the top. We would have liked to learn more about the process, but he was not a chatty type of guy.
We all ended up liking something, so took 3 bottles home. I am still not a hard cider fan, but glad we went.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed March 19, 2017

This is outside of Julian proper a few miles and part of a little market/antique mall, but it's well decorated. It wasn't overly busy when we were there, and service was
kind of confusing, but the people were friendly and the ciders were good. We tried the flight of seven ciders...it gives you a great overview and chance to pick your favorite. I liked the pear...it was light and refreshing. Definitely worth the stop for a half hour or so....

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed September 18, 2016

I LOVE cider and prefer it over beer, so tell me why I have never been to Julian to have cider flights when I live right here in San Diego??? Well, that silliness is over now and I will be visiting often! I loved every cider, especially Pearanormal and Apple Pie. I of course took some home! Thanks for existing, Julian Hard Cider! You haven't seen the last of me yet! P.S. Staff is super friendly! Yet another reason to visit!

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Moody_Foodie_Judy
Reviewed July 14, 2016

stopped in for a tasting and was amazed! Great cider with lots of flavors available. Tasting flight was great then we got a pint in a glass to keep. Definitely recommend this place for all cider lovers!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

Julian Hard Cider is fantastic! I love the different flavors they offer, especially Cherry Bomb. It's by far my favorite. I won a case a few yrs back and was able to try their flavors at the time, they were wonderful. The bottles, the labels and the consistency all have me coming back and suggesting to any cider fan to try these. I've since sent people off to Florida and Texas with their own bottles. The guys are nice there and answer questions as well as give sample tastings.

Date of experience: April 2016