New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kenwood
New York City, New York
“Quirky”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed at Kenwood for a 3 day escape from SF during the holidays. Our overall impression is that it was good, but not great.
Arrival: greeted at the front desk by unenthusiastic woman. She told us to park our car and carry our luggage to our room. No offer of help. Bad first impression.
Rooms: A little rustic and very Italian/simplistic. Dirty carpet. Big fireplace. The bathroom was old. Bed very comfortable. As you can tell, pros and cons.
Restaurant / wine bar: The food is the best part about the Kenwood Inn. Breakfast, lunch and dinner all fantastic.
Spa: good, but not great
The food and the staff in the restaurant and wine bar make the place. Without them, it would be a very, very average hotel. The rooms are ok and the level of service in the front office is pretty much non-existent. The whole experience had a very quirky feel.
I can't imagine booking to stay here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank j-tokyo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Kaneohe, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

The Kenwood Inn and Spa is so very nice! It was like walking into a small Tuscan village - so romantic and quiet and relaxing! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay from December 20th through December 23rd 2011. Upon arriving, we were kindly greeted and offered a warm beverage (similar to "gluwein" - a warm beverage we enjoyed at Christmas time during or many years in Germany) to enjoy during a short tour of the Inn and Spa. When we checked out three days later, they offered us some delicious gourmet chocolates and two free Kenwood Inn and Spa wine glasses to take with us too. Our room had a nice bottle of prosecco on ice waiting for us and the room was nice and cozy and warm when we arrived (I was a little cold coming from Hawaii to the cooler temps in CA). We loved the view from our room and the sound of the water from the pool area. My husband enjoyed a nice cigar on the balcony each evening. The breakfasts were perfect and we really enjoyed dinner from the restaurant each night. The chef, Jason, was just great and the food was amazing - super delicious! The servers we had each night were very knowledgeable and friendly and serivce was perfect! Our spa day was awesome! My husband and I both had the best facials and massages we've ever had - even better than the ones we would get from the spas in Germany. The Kenwood Inn and Spa is centrally located to some amazing wineries and we enjoyed one day with a personal driver and the picnic lunch that the Inn and Spa prepared for us during our wine tasting day. Also, my husband enjoyed the complimentary port wine in the lobby area as well as the complimentary port wine in the spa waiting/relaxation area. I enjoyed the complimentary prosecco and Italian water. We look forward to our next visit! :)

Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

Believe the pictures...........this is a lovely, serene and elegant hotel. I only had a few days off work so I wanted a luxurious place that would also work with my 18 yo daughter. I showed her the pictures of Kenwood Inn and also showed her the more traditional hotels, and she chose the Kenwood inn. I was a bit reluctant because the pictures looked too idyllic and the comments all spectacular..........wow.......it's all true. The room was lovely (no TV) and all the staff extremely pleasant and helpful. The food is amazing - do not miss the dinner. I felt like I had a private chef. Our dinner was one of the best meals I've had in the bay area in years, and I eat out alot in SF for work. And finally, the spa treatments were very high end. As we all know, we are at the mercy of the hotel spas when we book them. There is a fire going when you enter, and there is tea and dried fruit and nuts to await you. There is nothing commercial about this spa. Again, very high end treatments, worth every penny. I wish I could afford to come here more often. don't wait..........you will escape and be in a real wonderful dreamy getaway.

Room Tip: ask for the upgrade to the rooms with a jacuzzi tub and a veranda
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Modesto, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Kenwood Inn & Spa is incredible; simply incredible. It really is a Tuscan villa in the Sonoma wine country. With only 30 rooms it is very personable, very private, and extremely romantic. Every room has a gas fireplace. Gas fireplaces are also in the courtyard, in the wine bar, in the restaurant, and in the lobby. The sound of flowing water abounds on the property from the numerous fountains and waterfalls pouring into the heated saline pools which, since we visited in December, had steam rising from them constantly adding a photo perfect mist to the well manicured and perfectly maintained grounds. A full service spa is an oasis of relaxation (I highly recommend the 100 minute hot stone massages my wife and I enjoyed). And don't miss dinner in the restaurant either. Their chef, Steve, will prepare for you a dinner you will remember as one of the best you've ever had, and their pastry chef's creations are as beautiful as they are delicious. I also recommend taking part in their Valley of the Moon winery tour where you'll get private tastings of select bottles from three nearby wineries. We're already planning a return trip this summer. See attached photos.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road on an upper floor or near the pool by the spa. Spend the extra mo...
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

We stayed here in July and October and look forward to visiting again soon. This might be one of our new favorite places in the wine country. Don't let it being right off the road concern you, you don't notice it at all when you are on the property.

Our room in July was our favorite, we had a front porch and a back balcony. The beds are dreamily, if that is a word, comfortable. I love how they have coffee and snacks available before the full breakfast. I spoiled my husband, went down in my robe, got coffee and pastries and brought him a mini breakfast in bed. However, we went down for the five star, two course, gourmet breakfast. You can't miss that.

We love the pool, and if you can spare the time, spend an afternoon relaxing by it.

Both times we ate at their restaurant one of the nights we were there. It is worth it, definitely have dinner there one night. it's romantic and can stand up to any of the other fine restaurants in the area. Be careful, because with all of the lovely wines we were drinking, my husband forgot they add an automatic 20 or 25% tip to everything you order. He accidentally tipped the guy another 20% and we had to dispute this when we left. I did that on our first visit too, I bought a bottle of wine from the bar to bring to the pool, I tipped, not knowing it was already included; it made it one expensive bottle. They really should tell you because it's not right and it's embarrassing to ask to correct once you realize you made that mistake.

Everything in the room is luxurious. I think they might not have TV's, if they don't, I didn't miss it because the weekend was all about romance. It is definitely the place to go for a romantic occassion.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

What a gorgeous property! We spend the day at the small spa, swam in the gorgeous pool, enjoyed the hot tub and had fabulous spa services - facials and massages. There is a small waiting room where the 5 of us gathered by the fire and had lunch brought to us. The inn had wine, port, waters, nuts and chocolates for us to enjoy. The atmosphere was cozy and perfect for a cool November day. I want to come back and stay here with my husband. I looked at a room and thought it was very upscale.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

You don't need to go further than The Kenwood Inn to find your slice of heaven. It radiates an abundance of home felt coziness that is very difficult to find in the more expensive and larger resorts. I loved the attention to detail - the rooms are lavishly adorned, the bathrooms are direct from Tuscany, the food is excellent and prepared on site, and the gardens are worth of wedding material. Furthermore its in the center of Sonoma wine country, which in my opinion is a lot better than Napa.

Check out my blog for details:

silandco.blogspot.com

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenwood
15.1 km away
Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
#1 of 2 in Forestville
38.0 km away
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort

Been to Kenwood Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!