All reviews wine country tuscan villa tuscan style sonoma valley beautiful property couples massage tour of the property wine tasting beautiful room hot tub breakfast was included each morning king room local wineries yogurt scones tuscany
Reviewed October 24, 2018

Great hotel and location. Highly recommend reserving a 2nd floor room--if you stay on the first floor, you'll hear steps above you (the people above us seemed to enjoy walking from one side of their room to another and we heard EVERY step along the way.

Room tip: rent on 2nd floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay here we know they were closed for nine months after the fire so we did close an eye to a few things that weren’t quite right but we are hopeful they will improve. The only real negative was the breakfast chef who was one of the most miserable people and doesn’t belong in an open kitchen. She was so busy making food that had nothing to do with the breakfast being served that she seemed like she could care less about the guests. This person should NEVER work in an open kitchen.

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank ChrisFifis
Reviewed October 4, 2018

We haven't even arrived yet and are totally disappointed. We booked a couples massage for my husband's birthday and they just called and canceled it! Not only did they cancel it, they say they can't offer us any spa services at all on site!!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank tiftravels
FSInns, General Manager at Kenwood Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Please know that we truly wish a wonderful visit to wine country for you and your husband. As discussed over our email conversation, I would happily offer you luxury accommodations at our sister property located only five minutes away, offering a range of on-site spa services. However, I understand you would not welcome that option. While our spa is under renovation, we invite guests to enjoy single person private and pampering massage services within the comfort of certain guestrooms. I have attempted to reach you over the telephone to discuss this option further with you, and look forward to receiving your call, as I would sincerely like to ensure your satisfaction prior to arrival for this special celebratory visit.

Warmly,
Scarlett Graham
General Manager, Kenwood Inn & Spa

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

This is a delightful inn that is on the verge of needing updating. The front desk personnel were adequate but not the caliber expected. There is a lovely pool & hot tubs. Our room was next to the highway so we heard the constant traffic noise until after midnight. Complimentary wine & cheese was fair. Breakfast was good but full of carbs

2  Thank 450ritam
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Years ago, I stayed at the Kenwood Inn and Spa. In my memories it remained the pinnacle of romance and luxury. I could fondly recall how beautiful my room was with all of the gorgeous flowers and poolside location. I was in my 20’s. Now a few decades older, I would not rate this as a top visit anymore.
Everything was nice but I certainly would not describe this as a 5* experience. In fact, I would probably rate this as a 3* experience compared to other places I have stayed at.
It began with a lackluster greeting at the front desk. The room itself was quite large and the bed was definitely comfortable. But really, it was just ok. There were a lot of steps to access it and the little patio gave a view of a wire fence and a steep hill with brush and trees. I wish I had a room with a view of the courtyard or pool but this is what I got.
Annoyingly, I was awakened from an afternoon nap by housekeeping even though the privacy tag was hanging out there.
The breakfast totally failed to impress. A bowl of scrambled eggs, some processed bagels and a bit of bacon and cut fruit was the main summation. What a massive disappointment in the morning for such an agrarian setting.
Overall, it is a nice place to stay. I wouldn’t purposefully choose NOT to stay there, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to stay again.

5  Thank missmc123