“Did Everything We Never Did Before”
Review of SUP Otres Beach

SUP Otres Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Based in Otres Beach 2, Sihanoukville, Cambodia we provide Stand-Up Paddleboard (SUP) adventures, SUP yoga, snorkeling and more for you to get active on the water and enjoy the natural beauty of this area. Beginner, or more advanced, we have a range of tours for you to enjoy! Come with us on our daily SUP Island Tour combining SUP, Snorkeling and Planktons, enjoy calming SUP Yoga on the calm sea in the morning, or rent a SUP by the hour and create your own adventure.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 5, 2018

31 March 2018
12:30PM - 7:30PM

We got on to the boat from Otres2 and served with welcoming fresh coconut drink onbaord. It was a private boat tour tailored to our needs with my wife. We were not sure what to expect from this tour, but were pleasantly surprised. Everything was arranged professionally and worked out well for us and I am writing to express my deep appreciation for the care and services I had with SUP tour conducted by Liza.The first stop for a Zipline. We anchored and took a paddle board to the shore. The Zipline was an awesome fun activity that we had. Next to the "Elephant Cliff". It is a free jump from a 8 meters of height. My wife was too tired after the zipline active and she refuse to go on a cliff :) Liza and myself swam to the shore where we need to hike a little bit to get to the gigantic rock in a form of an Elephant. Thats amazing! Looking from from the peak of that cliff, I was like "dayummm" Took myself around 5 minutes or more to bring myself to the decision of "I have came this far and I am not leaving this place without experiencing this jump" And I DID IT!!! Yeah!! follow up Liza with no hesitations.

Snacks and appetizers are served too.

Next we moved to an Island called "The Long Island" We did our standup paddling. this might looks easy, but not as easy as you think. You really need to have a perfect body balancing to perform this. And just a lil bit of misbalancing, will get you into the sea waters. We gave up few times standing up on the boat, but we could not have experienced and done all this without Liza's boosting and encouragement. We did it!

Since the weather for the day was not favourable, we could not go for snorkeling. But nevertheless, we had an amazing treat for our eyes down with the planktons. It was our first time ever getting into the sea water at night. We should tap on our shoulders for that. The planktons was glitering in the sea water when you make some moovement. It was all sticked up to our body and literally we was glittering in the sea waters. Was a perfect evening for us under the moon light flashing on the sea. Crack some beers while watching the moon and feeling the wind brushing on our face. It was so tiring but trust me it worth ever second.

I just felt I needed to say thanks to Liza and her company "SUP-Otres-Beach.com" - My wife and myself were lucky and connected with Liza for her friendliness and humbleness. A great human being. I strongly recommand this tour to everyone who will be touching down at Sihanoukville.

1  Thank rhugabone
Lisa F, Manager at SUP Otres Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thanks so much Rhuga, for sharing your experience, and for the thoughtful and kind words! I'm so happy that you both enjoyed the tour, and that I got to share these "firsts" with you! It was my pleasure to watch you both challenge yourselves in all of the activities, and succeed! Thanks again, and we wish you many more fun adventures to come!

All reviews
"paddling"
"fireflies"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I found these guys on TripAdvisor and have always wanted to try paddle boarding.
They were great from the onset. Really responsive and helpful to my emails and questions.
I wondered if the trip would be worth it considering the day was really clouding over and I was after the (all important) sunset! The trip was great! The couple who run it are really lovely people, teaching you the basics of paddle boarding before we left.
The snorkeling was cool ( with the right light would have been amazing!) and the paddle boarding was really good fun! The owners of the business are really patient and really help you to get it! It felt like we were out there for ages - the sunset kind of delivered too!
Few snacks and a beer on board and it was time to swim with the plankton- glowing plankton that responds to movement - do cool - especially through the snorkel mask!
I loved it, I loved them and I highly recommend it.
It's not the cheapest tour but it was 100% worth it!
Thanks guys! X

Date of experience: March 2018
Lisa F, Manager at SUP Otres Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Thanks so much for the awesome review! We appreciate the kind words :)
We're so glad that you enjoyed the trip and your first paddling experience!
All the best!

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We did the afternoon/evening tour with Lisa and Jeremy. First we went to a small island close to Otres beach and did some snorkeling at a coral reef which was beatiful. We then got taught how to do stand up paddeling and spend the hours of the sunset on the board. It was just amazing and a lot of fun. After a snack with great homemade hummus by Lisa, we went back into the water in the dark and dived with the beautiful glowing plancton.
We had an amazing evening and Lisa and Jeremy are lovley people!
Perfectly recommendable!!!

Date of experience: March 2018

Thanks so much for the nice comments! It was great to have you join us, and we're so glad you had a good time!

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Sunset island trip take 3 hrs. it was amazing!. Snorkeling was fine but I love when SUP with the stunning sunset view on the sea. We are relaxing on board and chit chat like we are mermaids. This is my first night SUP, it’s feel like only me in the dark sky, dark sea and beautiful star, it’s incredible! End up with beer on board before dive into the sea to see beautiful plankton. Oh! I love it so much!!!

Date of experience: March 2018

So glad you enjoyed this magical experience! Thanks for sharing :)