Keefer's Inn
US$109
US$105
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsparking lothot tubcomfortable bedhis wifewi ficlean roomssan franciscocoffee makernight's sleepnice stayroad tripnon smoking roomkeefersdeepmotelfreewayrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed based on the reviews and I'm glad we did. We pulled into King City and almost kept going to Salinas. We took the 1st street exit and went through the back part of town. The place isn't the nicest. But we trusted the reviews and went to Keefer's. We just wanted a clean place to crash so we could get to Santa Cruz early in the morning and feel refreshed. That's exactly what we got and a little more. Everything we read about the owners is true, they are great people! The room was cheap yet clean. The bed did the job, nothing to uncomfortable (I'm bed snob, with high standards). The fridge, flat screen t.v. and dish network were just icing on the cake. It's nice to know where we'll be staying next year. I've stayed at dozens of hotels off of the 101 while traveling to the bay area, and Keffer's Inn is definitely the best for your buck

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I'm not a travel snob but I'm used to business class hotels (Hampton, Courtyard, Hyatt Place, etc.) -- and this doesn't meet that level. Keefer's Inn is really an old school motel. There is a gas station / convenience store adjacent to the property so that was convenient. The owner was very friendly and that was definitely appreciated after a long day of driving. But the property seems very "tired", the bedding was not very comfortable, the wifi was slow and for some reason, we received a 5:30 am phone call -- could have been a wrong number. If the price had been around $60 for the night, I would have been satisfied but at $100 -- I think you should expect more.

2  Thank SidneyVoyager
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My husband and I had occasion to stay at Keefer's Inn in August of 2010 and March, 2011. Mr. Deep Desai and his staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and neat. We enjoyed our stay at Keefer's and will stay there again when we are next in King City.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LaurieL1960
Reviewed 19 July 2011

A really nice and friendly motel that is also professional! We stayed there one night, and if i return to this part of California i doubt i would go somewhere else. Five star!!

Reviewed 17 July 2011

Let me add up the good things on this one: Comfortable beds Clean room Nice quiet area of town Park down the street and my husband was impressed with the flat panel television. The room also sported a nice frig and coffee maker. All of this for a very reasonable price! I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank justanaveragejo