Keefer's Inn
US$105
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsparking lothot tubcomfortable bedhis wifewi ficlean roomssan franciscocoffee makernight's sleepnice stayroad tripnon smoking roomkeefersdeepmotelfreewayrefrigerator
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My daughter and I stayed here on a road trip from LA to Monterey this August. We were tired and just needed a place to sleep, and there are not many motels on this part of 101. This is not a chain, and frankly didn't look too promising. But, our room was large and clean, and we both agreed the beds were the most comfortable of the roughly ten places we had stayed this trip - most of which cost considerably more than Keefers. It was also quiet despite being close to the highway. So, we are passing this report on in hopes it aids other travelers.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We booked one night here on the way back from SF to LA to break our journey. First the positives - the proprietor was friendly and welcoming and the room was cheap. Bedlinen was clean, but the actual blankets were rather stained and the towels were so threadbare they were starting to fall apart. The carpet in the corridor was filthy, but in a motel, we expected this. The room was equipped as described, but the bed was small and the mattress lumpy. Breakfast was actually served in the office/reception - nowhere to sit, just a shelf with a very meagre display of very basic items - a couple of apples, a nearly empty jug of juice, coffee and some small pastries. My feeling was that if this is all they can offer, they would be better not to bother. If you have to stop here, it won't kill you, but we certainly won't be returning and wouldn't recommend it at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mishkamitten
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed based on the reviews and I'm glad we did. We pulled into King City and almost kept going to Salinas. We took the 1st street exit and went through the back part of town. The place isn't the nicest. But we trusted the reviews and went to Keefer's. We just wanted a clean place to crash so we could get to Santa Cruz early in the morning and feel refreshed. That's exactly what we got and a little more. Everything we read about the owners is true, they are great people! The room was cheap yet clean. The bed did the job, nothing to uncomfortable (I'm bed snob, with high standards). The fridge, flat screen t.v. and dish network were just icing on the cake. It's nice to know where we'll be staying next year. I've stayed at dozens of hotels off of the 101 while traveling to the bay area, and Keffer's Inn is definitely the best for your buck

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I'm not a travel snob but I'm used to business class hotels (Hampton, Courtyard, Hyatt Place, etc.) -- and this doesn't meet that level. Keefer's Inn is really an old school motel. There is a gas station / convenience store adjacent to the property so that was convenient. The owner was very friendly and that was definitely appreciated after a long day of driving. But the property seems very "tired", the bedding was not very comfortable, the wifi was slow and for some reason, we received a 5:30 am phone call -- could have been a wrong number. If the price had been around $60 for the night, I would have been satisfied but at $100 -- I think you should expect more.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SidneyVoyager
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My husband and I had occasion to stay at Keefer's Inn in August of 2010 and March, 2011. Mr. Deep Desai and his staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and neat. We enjoyed our stay at Keefer's and will stay there again when we are next in King City.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family