Motel 6 King City
Priceline
US$119
US$105
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsremodeled recentlytaco bellno frillswould stay againbig surwi fisan franciscomoldstarbucksfreeway
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is seriously dirty in the room. The carpet is sticky, there is a bad smell, and I killed 3 spiders in my bed. Then I made the mistake of pulling the bed away from the wall a little bit to look for a spider nest and what I saw was even worse. The edges of the room have NEVER been cleaned. It was terrible! It is the first time ever that I almost drove home in the middle of the night. It was so bad, that every time my 6 year old sees any motel 6 he says "we aren't staying there are we....it's egscusting."

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jimmyno2
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I have stayed at various Motel 6 lodges throughout the state and at a minimum, they have been clean. I was disappointed when I entered my room and found hair and dirt on the blankets and pillows. To top off my disappointment, I attempted to turn on the A/C and of course it did not work. I went to the office and requested another room and the clerk said that she would send someone over to fix it. A few minutes later, this kid who spoke broken english enters the room, removes the A/C filter and begins working on something inside the ceiling. A few minutes later, the A/C begins working and the kid leaves. Later that evening, the temperature outside drops and the room begins to get cold. So I wake up and attempt to turn on the heat. And of course, no heat. I called the office once again and told them that the heater is now not working. Another kid comes by, removes the filter and begins working in the ceiling. The heat begins working and the kid leaves. It is now approximately 1:00 AM and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to waking up at 5:00 AM to check out and never return. To say the least, it was a long night. I have learned that it's worth paying a little more for a room just for the peace of mind of not having to deal with dirt and maintenance issues.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JJTBakersfield
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Very basic ammenities. Stiff bed, flat pillows. It also backs up to a trailer park which we first found a little shady until we realized we were about 50 feet away from the Police Department. It was pretty cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

I'd advise you to bring your own pillow and some shampoo (we washed our hair with soap)

If you want to stay somewhere cheap - this is decent. Don't expect too much.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Subterranean44
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Tiny room, uncomfortable bed, lumpy pillows, but very clean. Quiet. Internet service unreliable.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MariaSoCal
Reviewed May 14, 2009

Like another poster, I was a little surprised to see the young people working in the office. Obviously they are kids of the owner. It's a fact that in many immigrant families, everyone has to work to support the family. That in itself doesn't bother me. The people I dealt with seemed friendly and interested in helping me. The customer service attitude seems to be here, but the facilities need some work.

Like most of us, I've stayed in a wide range of properties. I regularly stay in Motel 6's in different parts of the country. Most of the time it's basic, clean, safe and quiet accomodation. This location has none of those qualities, except perhaps for being safe. The issues I dealt with were:

* room key that did not work even after office reprogrammed

I went to my first room assigned but the key didn't work. I went back to the office. The young girl there kind of shrugged her shoulders. I wasn't sure if she reprogrammed it, or didn't know what to do. Her reaction seemed to be "there is nothing wrong with it", but at least she was nice about it. She sent a young man to help me, maybe her older brother. He was very nice and polite but he couldn't get the key working either. After trying, he actually asked me if I really needed a key for the room. I almost laughed, but he was nice about it. Sometimes I wouldn't mind, as I came in late, and usually just get up and leave the next day. But this time I figured I would want to go in and out in the morning so having no working key was not really an option. He offered to take me to another room, which he showed me first. I said it was OK. Unfortunately it was late, I was tired, and I didn't notice the condition of the bathroom.

* mold in bathroom of second room

After being in my room for a few minutes, I noticed what I thought smelled like smoke. It probably was the smell from the mold in the bathroom (I have a very sensitive nose.) Later when I looked more carefully at the shower, I could see mold growing on the bathroom walls. I even saw mold growing in a spot they had obviously repaired with some patching material. They must not have cleaned the wall before repairing it. It was pretty disgusting. It was obvious that the bathroom had not been cleaned properly for some time. Ten cents worth of bleach would have taken care of it. I'm pretty OK with so-so bathrooms, but this grossed me out so much that I kept my shoes on in the bathroom and showered with flip flops.

* paper thin walls

I noticed right away how thin the walls were. I could hear the neighbors talking, and in the morning got woken up by more people talking next door and walking around upstairs. I don't expect to sleep through an air raid siren but even for a Motel 6, this place seems to be rather noisy. The windows do a good job of blocking outside noises. But the walls do a poor job of blocking normal noises from your hotel neighbors.

This place provided basic services when I really needed a place to sleep. However, I would not stay here again considering the condition of the bathrooms. I have attached some pictures which are not very high quality. But it gives you an idea of how poor the cleaning is in the bathroom.

This morning at 9am, a woman came by to see if I was checking out. I suppose it's because many people head out right away. However, it would be nice if they didn't bother you and let you check out when you were ready. Their check out time is 11am, which is an hour earlier than many places. I don't remember if that is standard for Motel 6 or not.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo