“Very nice restaurant.”

Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in La Habra
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eclectic california cuisine/happy hour/onsite retail wine shop/hidden gem/must try
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Went for my birthday, and the food was delicious, the atmosphere was romantic and relaxing, and over all was a great experience. Would love to go back again.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank nepowers

Reviewed July 25, 2016

The Cat is truly a special find. It is located in a small strip mall in La Habra, and my wife had found it 18 years ago or more. We have since been back at least 3-4 times a year, and it NEVER disappoints. The Cat is a higher end restaurant, with a varied selection of food. The appetizer list is strong, with the Fench Onion Soup being my favorite. For dinner, the list is varied well, including fish, a go to Filet Mignon, my personal favorite the Seared Red Deer (get it! you will thank me later!). It comes with blue cheese creamed gnocchi that is BOMB! The pork rib chop is awesome too......both great choices. The wine list is fantastic (try the Nickel/Nickel cab). Deserts are great too. I tend to go with the Creme Bruelee (creature of habit) I don't 5 star very often (almost never) but the food, the ambiance, the wine list, everything is just so good here. If you live in the area, and take in a more expensive meal (figure $300 minimum with a good wine), then this will be your go-to restaurant. I am just glad it is so close to where we live! Ask for the booth under the stairs......private and cozy. Try it.....I guarantee you like it.

Date of visit: July 2016
3  Thank dben99
Reviewed June 11, 2016

Went here again to celebrate an anniversary, had high expectations and was delighted to have them met and surpassed. Started with prosciutto-wrapped shrimp, cooked to perfection and wonderful sauces along with sweet mini-bites of pineapple.
Their small but well thought out wine by the glass included Domaine Carneros Brut, which was terrific. I enjoyed a Grenache from Paso Robles which was excellent on it's own and even better with the lamb tenderloin.
My wife got the seabass, which as absolutely heavenly. Rich flavor, delicate texture, one of the best fish dishes I've ever tasted. I got the lamb tenderloin, it was cooked exactly how I requested (medium rare +), and was delicious. A really nice alternative to getting another steak or pork chop (I'm sure those would've been great also).
We finished with the salted caramel pot de creme, it was a perfect portion and had just the right amount of salt. Enough to be detected and enjoyed, but not enough to make the dish salty.
I am constantly impressed with how the quality of this restaurant stays consistent over the decades. If you haven't gone, GO.

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank Steve P
Reviewed May 21, 2016

I've been going to the Cat for many years and was apprehensive when they summarily dispensed with the cat themes and somewhat restructured the menu. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see the food was as good as ever and the overall ambiance still pleasing, still resembling a UK pub. Booths are the most comfortable whether on the main floor or extending off the entrance level near the bar. I would advise staying away from the garden room, which reminds me of several hotel cafes I have experienced, but maybe that's just my taste. The desserts are good but could use a change-up.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

Cat and the custard cup has always been a wonderful restaurant. Great food. High class. This is a great place to take a date. The food is amazing.

Date of visit: April 2016