“A home away from home...”

The Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla
Ranked #3 of 4 La Jolla B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This charming property has been the place I love to stay for over 20 years. It is quiet, clean, comfortable, with wonderful breakfasts, a staff who care, and delightful guests.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, accommodations were great, staff was friendly, food was delicious and beautifully presented.

Room Tip: our room Fiesta was overlooking the garden, closer to the parking in the back, and easy access to th...
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Just loved our weekend getaway at this charming property. We stayed in the Holiday Suite, equipped with a roaring fireplace, large canopy bed, and wonderful amenities. Three journals logged the previous adventures of other travelers. It was delightful reading these passages.

I was impressed with the care and finesse with the breakfasts that were prepared, and a chance to mingle with visitors from all over the country.

Although the weather was very windy and rainy, it gave us the opportunity to unwind, and indulge ourselves in a way we hadn't experienced in many months.

Margaret and her staff are engaging and are more than happy to cater to your individual preferences.

I highly recommend this property.

Mary McGrath
www.marymcgrathphotography.com
Member ASJA

1  Thank grathy
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Not to repeat other comments, this Inn has the best features of a cozy but great B&B, wonderful location,comfortable accommodation with well thought details, inspire of a bit overdone old fashioned decor, delicious food and, surpringly or not, intelligent and diverse guests to exchange tips about wider area, discuss travel or even politics (!) and finish the Sunday NYTimes crossword !!!

Room Tip: Ours was the Peacock, quite nice, with the advantage of a view towards the ocean but there are large...
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I booked the Windansea room for a 3-night getaway. This was my first time staying in a b&b, so I didn't know what to expect! Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the lovely innkeeper, Margaret, who led me to my room. She is very nice and helpful. The room was very comfy and nicely decorated--just like in the pictures. I felt like all the necessary amenities were in the room, along with other things like a heater/fan (if it was too cold or hot, etc.). I love to snack and eat, so I really enjoyed the treats, tea and coffee that were set out for the guests during the day. (I loved the food. It kept me full throughout most of the day.) The wine, cheese and appetizers at 5pm were amazing! That was one of the highlights of my trip: the wine + cheese...a simple pleasure, but so delightful. The company at breakfast was quite wonderful, too. I'm a quiet person and I was also by myself, so I felt fortunate to be surrounded by such warm, gregarious people. The guests and the staff were so awesome. If I make it back to La Jolla, I will be sure to book a stay at this b&b again. It was a great experience. The town is nice, the beach is only a block away, the seaside cliffs are spectacular and I didn't need a car to keep myself busy during my stay. I was able to walk everywhere, get some good exercise, relax and enjoy myself. Thanks for helping to make my vacation a good one.

Room Tip: The Windansea is comfortable for two (or even a single person). The bathroom is smaller, but I had...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We just returned from a 5 day stay at this B&B. While the amenities were what one would expect in a high end B&B, what made our stay so enjoyable was the people we met there. Our hostess, Margaret, welcomed us with warmth and a wonderful sense of humour. Each day at breakfast we sat for an hour and talked with our fellow guests who were interesting and extremely friendly. Within walking distance, 5-10 minutes, of downtown La Jolla, and easily accessible to the freeways, our stay at the B&B Inn was great. The rooms are not large but very well equipped and the breakfasts were excellent. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stay in the Bird Rock cottage which has direct access to the garden.
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This B &B is perfect for a lovely vacation. It is very charming, friendly and convenient to all. every room has elegant decoraion. morning breakfast is such a delightful experience, sitting with some couples have a nice conversation about almost everthing. love to return back soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple