“Amazing!”

Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I had read some terrible reviews of this place and it wasn't my first choice to stay but everything else was sold out because of spring break. My husband is a Starwood preferred member and they pulled out the red carpet. Check in was very quick and super helpful for ideas for dinner. We had been at Legoland all day and we have a 4 year old son and it was now 7pm and he was starving. Our room came with a free drink ticket and half off their restaurant. The food was great! The service was something to be desired. The room we were given was amazing with free bottled water, popcorn, and a coffee maker and mini fridge. It was clean and well kept. When I called down for extra towels the woman was super friendly and the towels showed up within 5 minutes!!! Never has that happened and we have stayed at many nice Starwood properties. We ordered room service in the morning and the man who delivered it was super friendly and it only took 15min to get to our room. The grounds of the property remind me of Hawaii and it really is nicely kept up. All in all we had no complaints and would stay again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Squirrel75

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The pool and the palm trees are just lovely. Very quiet, great location if you need to get to the university, as it's within walking distance. Small shopping mall just up the road, also within walking distance. Restaurant food was good. Car hire on the lower ground floor was very convenient, as you can just drive straight onto the freeways.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife and I stayed one night at the hotel. Angela at check-in was excellent and recognized my gold status and gave me the gold amenity. Our room was a suite in the E building. The room was quite spacious and free of noise considering the proximity to the freeway. It is a family hotel that has a nice pool in a lush garden. There are stores and restaurants within walking distance. We used the Whole Foods very close by. The hotel restaurant is nice. Upon check-in we were given a coupon for half an entree for each of us. Food was good and the wine list had reasonable prices

Room Tip: If you can stay in a suite do so. It has a mini kitchen with refrigerator, microwave and sink. It i...
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed at the La Jolla Sheraton while on business for three to four weeks and loved it!!! The hotel is quiet with beautiful grounds. Loved my deluxe esuite and the customer service of Paul, Angela, housekeeping and the maintenance staff. The hotel is conveniently located near everything one can imagine (i.e., Whole Foods, CVS, movie theater, California Pizza), including the beach and major highways. The Sheraton is simply lovely!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sepia7304
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed here for my fiancee's birthday and it was amazing. The service was great and they catered to our every need. The one thing they couldn't find was a vase for the flowers that I surprised my fiancee with. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

The hotel itself is a bit old but the overall atmosphere is nice. Very close to restaurants, shops and malls so you can skip the hotel restaurant. Cost extra to park in a gated area and there really isn't much street parking around. Close to highway but you don't hear the noises.

Room -
We got one that's looking to the pool but we struggle to get the windows opened and closed, as they were really old and covered up nicely by the shutter.
The bathroom were very small given the room size.
The hallway seems very dated but clean.
Hot tub is always packed but good for social.

Overall not bad but I wouldn't spend alot to stay here.

Room Tip: Try to pick one closer to the middle and facing the pool, but not too close to the hot tub.
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This property is absolutely beautiful, but the reservation desk attendants where just rude and unhelpful. I am considered a SPG member, but that didn't appear to bring many benefits if any. There was mixup in the room on the beds so another was requested, but I was told a number of times it was completely sold out and there absolutely nothing they could do. It didn't help that we were exhausted after a long day at my daughter's soccer tournament and were checking in close to 11:30pm. My husband continued to press and finally an available room came up. such a lovely property you would expect superior service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Hello 2girrrls,

My apologies that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us. Without knowing the details of your specific reservation I am not certain where the error in the bed type may have occured, but I would be happy to look into your particular situation if you would like. I do know that oftentimes the soccer team reservations are made in a block, and the guests may be unaware of the room type that was booked on their behalf by the team contact. In any case, I am glad to hear that the front desk agents were able to move rooms to create the availability to accommodate you as it certainly was a full weekend with lots of soccer tournament excitement. Again, I would be happy to look into your particular situation as I know that this caused you distress and I do apologize that you had to go through that, especially at such a late hour. Thanks so much.

Kate Ruskofsky

1.5 km away
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
17.4 km away
Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina

Been to Sheraton La Jolla Hotel? Share your experiences!