1,377 results
All reviews fire pit infused water balinese style hand written full kitchen murphy bed ocean view bedroom cottage fresh fruit la jolla cove turn down service little touches every morning breakfast was delicious perfect location restaurants and shops hear the waves
Reviewed May 31, 2018

You are essentially paying for the view - and that was fine for us! We stayed in an oceanfront cottage. The furniture and room was a little dated, but it was comfortable. The view makes up for it. There were also little things that the staff did to make the stay perfect. They constantly restocked water and snacks. I read that in the reviews, but I didn’t think I would love that little perk so much! Great restaurants within walking distance too! My biggest complaint was the bed. It’s not very comfortable, BUT I still give this place 5 stars. I’d go again in a heartbeat.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Michael_Murrell, General Manager at Pantai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Greetings jasiegautreaux,

Thank you for taking the time to review Pantai Inn.

There aren't many hotels with the views and location that our Inn has. To be able to either look out your window or walk out your front door and have the Pacific Ocean a few feet away, as well as having the wonderful village of La Jolla within steps certainly makes our Inn one of a kind. Also, I appreciated your acknowledging the teams efforts to ensure that had a memorable experience was certainly appreciated.

I do apologize that you did not have the best nights sleep here. We usually get so many compliments on our beds. I can assure you that after reading this, I will personally look into why your bed was not comfortable.

Thank you for your 5-Star review. It means a lot to myself and the team that you will be returning to our Inn.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

We stayed at the Pantai Inn for our 15 year anniversary. When we arrived, we were greeted and given a tour of the grounds. We were then shown our room. Our view and balcony were AMAZING! The staff had placed a flower arrangement, chocolate covered strawberries, and wines on our table. It had a happy Ann card as well. In the evening, the chef’s chai tea cookies were amazing! We got dressed for dinner and started to walk when we were given a complimentary ride to our dinner reservation. The driver was extremely nice and knowledgeable of the area. He offered to come back and pick us up as well. I can’t say enough wonderful things about the staff and their attentiveness! We also sat by the bonfire area in the evening which had blankets already set out for use. We were asked if we wanted or needed anything throughout our entire stay! Breakfast the following morning was delicious as well! We will definitely be coming back!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Michael_Murrell, General Manager at Pantai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Greetings ticasper,

Thank you for taking the time to review Pantai Inn.

It was an absolute pleasure welcoming you to the Inn and doing what we could to ensure that you had an enjoyable Anniversary. We are fortunate to be able to celebrate with a number of our guests and do our best to make their stay and special occasions simply that - SPECIAL.

I enjoyed driving you both up to dinner! It was a pleasure. La Jolla and San Diego are special places for me and I was pleased to have the opportunity to chat about both on your way up to dinner.

On behalf of the team here, we are all extremely eager to have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you want to celebrate or you need staycation!

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from our 2nd stay at Pantai Inn. It was great to celebrate turning 60 in La Jolla Cove. Once again Mike and his staff did not disappoint. If you are looking for top notch accommodations with the best view, and superior service, this is the place to be. Needless to say, we are returning next year.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rayteagle

Greetings Rayteagle,

Thank you for taking the time to review Pantai Inn.

It was a pleasure and honor having the opportunity to welcome you and the Mrs. back to the Inn. Your smiles during your stay lit up the Inn and we were thrilled to be able to ensure that this birthday was a memorable one for you. Thank you for marking your calendar for your return visit - we will be counting down on our end as well.

All the best,

Reviewed May 30, 2018

Celebrating our anniversary, I searched a lot of places before I decided to book with Pantai Inn. Oh I am so glad I did. The best stay in a very long time! I booked directly with Pantai Inn, I specifically booked over the phone to inform them about our anniversary and that I wanted a nice room. Derby helped me with my reservation and sent me pictures of the room to make sure I liked it before booking. She is extremely nice and helpful, couldn't ask for a better customer service!

Upon my early arrival to La Jolla, I decided to stop by and check in. Even though I was early, they had the room ready and said that I can get it! Location, right across the beach, few steps and I was at the Cove. Restaurants within walking distance. Very clean and well maintained property. My room was just amazing! Private entry to the cottage. I almost forgot, I love the 2-in-1 double shower + steam room :) From management to staff, everyone was super nice. I travel for work regularly and I have status with some hotel chains. However, the experience with Pantai Inn was just on another level. The 1st night I returned to my room after going out for dinner, they had roses all over the room, chocolates and strawberry covered chocolates, candles around the bed and Jacuzzi. I really appreciated that amazing surprise!

Thank you Pantai Inn Team for an unforgettable getaway- you made it extra special!

1  Thank moarbas

Greetings moarbas,

Thank you for taking the time to review Pantai Inn.

On behalf of Derby and the rest of the team, thank you for allowing us to celebrate your Anniversary with you. We all are keenly aware and so pleased to learn when our guests are celebrating a special occasion with us. It means the world to the entire team when we get to not only ensure that you have an enjoyable stay, but also add a bit of ourselves to the celebration.

Its an honor to know that we were able to take your hotel experience to another level. We love our Inn and are all thankful to leave lasting impressions on our guests.

We are eager to ensure that your next stay with us is just as, if not more special then the last.

Cheers!

Reviewed May 29, 2018

This is a hotel in a great spot right next to the ocean and a short walk from centre of town. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included with cold and hot options each day. All snacks and cold drinks are free throughout your stay. Rooms are spacious and decorated in a Balinese style. The hotels in US are not cheap but this is a moderately priced hotel and worth a try.

Greetings travellerm68,

Thank you for taking the time to review Pantai Inn.

It was certainly a pleasure welcoming you to our Inn. As you had stated, you certainly cannot beat our location. Having the Pacific Ocean outside our front door, an easy walk to the village of La Jolla, and being surrounded by a wonderful residential community, we consider ourselves very fortunate. In addition to our location, we are so pleased that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer as well as our uniquely designed accommodations. Both of which provide a truly one of a kind experience.

As it seemed like all in all you had a wonderful time, we hate to see that the overall experience was not the 5-Star rating that we strive for. When your travels bring you back out our way, we are eager to hopefully improve and live up to the 5-Star experience next time.

Thank you for choosing our Inn.