“Average”
Review of Thai Island

Thai Island
Ranked #257 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

When I walked in at 7pm on a Monday I was the only one there. The service was very good although again I was the only person. The Thai iced tea was very good. Other than that, the food was fair. I had shrimp tempura, which was a bit mushy and not very flavorful. And I went with a standby of pad Thai with shrimp. The noodles seemed like linguine and the sauce was Thick and sticky. Almost no vegetables and for shrimp. Not what I was used to in any other Thai restaurant. Again, there wasn’t much taste or spice to the food.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

8 of us got a table readily and ordered the banquet, the portions were good and the food tasty. One of our party had a food allergy and that was dealt with. Our server's english led to problems, but her supervisor was helpful. Recommend for a nice Thai meal.

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

In the Christmas Eve it is usually hard to find a restaurant to welcome. Let alone the warm hospitality and perfect food. The Thai Island was a perfect place to call to dine in. Full selection of Thai cuisine with seafood and really warming dishes. The famous Yom Sum hot soup was a good start. Followed by wide variety of mouth watering dishes. I highly recommend this place for all occasions.

Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Very good panang curry & pad thai. They were out of fresh spring roll wraps when I was there so that was kind of a bummer. Good service, busy LITTLE place. I love Thai food & have eaten at many different spots all over the US (have yet to make it to Thailand!) & this was delicious. Veggies were fresh & flavor was on point. We'd visit again!

Reviewed 10 January 2016

First, the restaurant is in San Diego DOWNTOWN not La Jolla as the listing suggests... The place is small and good for a quick thai lunch in downtown and the staff friendly...