“BOMB Massaman, Tom Kai Guy”

Bangkok Spices Thai Restauran
Ranked #220 of 1,249 Restaurants in La Jolla
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

I was recommended to check this place out. The massaman curry is the best I have had stateside. Not many Thai places do massaman, let alone well. The coconut soup with chicken is tangy and delicious, definitely top 1 or 2 stateside. Spring rolls were fresh and good although not the best for my pallette, still delicious and may hit the spot with someone else. The yellow curry was thick and delicious but very very sweet. Being a savory type I tweaked it by cutting it with some spicy fish sauce peppers (nom pla prik) and those are deliciously spicy as well. Great spot, looking forward to trying some more dishes.

Reviewed May 29, 2016

I am an avid thai food enthusiast and this place does not disappoint! Husband loves their Pad Thai and Thai iced tea! Yumm! This place is packed at lunch time during week days so just be aware! Very good food!

Reviewed April 22, 2016

I stopped by for lunch because it was next to my hotel. They have lunch specials. I ordered the panang chicken curry. It came with a salad with peanut dressing and some kind of rangoon (cream cheese and maybe crab?). It was some of the best curry I've had. I wish this place was near my home in Florida. I'd go all the time.

Reviewed February 6, 2016 via mobile

Best curry ever! Food was great. Best Thai I've ever eaten! Glad we tried this place. I ordered heat level 2 and it was perfectly spicy. Even the kids liked it.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The seating area is kind of bare bones. More of a quick lunch joint. Service is good and friendly. Portions are large. The food was just Ok. It did not live up to the raving reviews on Yelp. It was not loaded with crisp crunchy veggies like I would have expected. Instead the veggies were overcooked and limp. Every Thai restaurant has it's own method of spicing up the food. This place uses a number system from 1-10. I like food very hot. I ordered a 6. I should have pushed it to at least an 8 or even a 10. But, I do like food very hot.