“Lovely atmosphere and yummy food”
Review of Bernini's Bistro

Bernini's Bistro
Ranked #42 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coastal NC
“Lovely atmosphere and yummy food”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I stopped here before a show at The Comedy Store. The food was delicious, the service (I believe Craig was our waiter) was fabulous and the live music was a great addition. We did not have reservations so were seated in the wine room, I enjoyed it as it was away from the hustle and bustle, this is rather noisy for a bistro.

We loved the tsasiki and pita chips when we sat down. My husband ordered one of the specials, a couple of shrimp, a couple of oyster and a couple of muscles with artichoke risotto. It was very good, but maybe a little expensive for what it was. I had the gnocci caprese, it was delicious. We also split a creme brule, which was great except for the cookie. It was also flavored orange, which was a surprise, I'm not sure if the menu specified that as I didn't look closely.

We would definitely eat here again before a show as service was quick.

• Visited January 2012

California
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Wonderful service. Nice casual place. Very good food. What more do you want for a relaxing Sunday brunch.

Visited January 2012
New Castle, Delaware
“For Breakfast, one of the best”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My family always includes a Bernini's breakfast in a trip to San Diego. My daughter says it is her favorite breakfast place anywhere. Enormous pancakes, light and fluffy, good Mexican inspired fare, generous lox and bagels, Lovely indoor room with windows opening onto the outdoor street side patio. Graciously stored my daughter's unicycle inside while we ate, not something every place will do.

• Visited November 2011
Ridgway, Colorado
“Super Food - Superb Atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is one of my favorite spots in LaJolla. Great service....outstanding food, and a wonderful spot for dining. Sit inside and the windows open to the outside - or enjoy the patio seating. Never had a bad meal here! Moderate prices - You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2011
Cape Town, South Africa
“Ordinary”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I expected more. From the outside with the fires burning it looked like a hip and happening place. It was mediocre. Food was ok. Service was irritating with the waitress hanging around our table all the time. I had salmon and butternut risotto and thought I could make a better dish at home. Good enough but won't go back - easily forgotten.

• Visited May 2011