See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Booked on Priceline, lured in by the cheap price. We've booked cheap rooms on Priceline before and have been pleasantly surprised, but this was a complete disaster.
Should have turned and run when checking in and there was a sign over the check in desk advising the public in big letters that "Heritage Inn fully cooperates with La Mesa Police". The room was clean but so seedy, I went to open the drape to let light in and there were blood stains on the drape. The noise for the freeway traffic was terrible. But worst of all was the attitude for the registration desk when I came in to report that our vehicle had been broken into and stuff stolen. I asked them to call the police and she told me "you call them" I did, and when the officer finished the report she said to me "that from past experiences it was pretty likely all your stuff is in one of these rooms". When we decided we'd check out that day instead of staying for the three days booked, the clerk responded "why, they already broke in to your car, it's not likely they'll do it again, they got you stuff". We checked out and were told that would have to pay for our reservation days since we did not give them 24 hour notice of the cancellation. This place caters to the lowest - if you're so broke this is all you can afford... Go camping.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Citlali Lisa M
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

I apologize for not exceeding yours expectations . We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to hear and focus on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you .
Again I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

it sucks. it smells like piss and mold. it's way over priced. this place is so old I saw mosses walk by. everything about this place said's
only low life stay here. keep looking for another place.
go to motel 6.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Truly awful! I do no believe most reviews that give an establishment the wost
Rating. They earned this one. The room was filthy. Refrigerator made me gag. Police officers were there constantly. Never felt safe. Stay in a hostile first.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Dear Guest:
Let me start by thanking you for having taken the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing in improving. We do value your business and hope to have a future opportunity to serve you. We are committed to earning your satisfaction.
Staff and Management apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

Great value. Friendly and respectful employees. I have stayed here a few times and had a good experience every time. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. I don't have a pet but they do accept dogs per sign in their lobby.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

Let start by thanking you for taking the time do to a review, your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for our guest. We hope to see you again .

Reviewed March 28, 2017

It was a nice accommodation for the money and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and came with a refrigerator. They also furnished us with a roll away bed for a modest price. I would definitely consider staying at this property again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Connie F, Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2017