“One night en route to Tucson”
Review of Lodge Of La Mesa

Lodge Of La Mesa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Reviewed 30 December 2016

This motel did the business for us. We arrived from London on the plane and had to drive to Tucson, and this place was out of town and on the way. It reminded me of the first American motels we stayed in on our first visit in the 70's - big bathroom, good shower, huge bed, desk, fridge, TV, microwave and paper tape around the bog seat saying "sanitised for your protection"! Brought back memories. The room is a bit dark but clean and not at all shabby. Breakfast basic but what we needed. I was concerned about the reviews - mixed with many 5,4 and 1. The one person there for check-in was helpful. So, very good value and if you think of it as a half-price Days Inn but a bit better, you won't be disappointed. The area is quite respectable too. It's called an "adult" hotel so perhaps no kids. It was full and we saw lots of cars but no other guests.

Room Tip: Room facing the street would have been noisier. No views on the other side.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 November 2016

My husband and I have stayed here so often. It is convenient to this area and priced right. We have no complaints with the staff, rooms, and amenities. It provides us with a great place to stay and enjoy the surroundings. Try it.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank Kathryn B
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Hard to find anything available , we finally found this on line. Adults only hotel? We were behind a couple getting a room. The man was touching his lady on her rear, classey. Very disturbing. Our turn came to sign in. The desk person was so rude, we had to go add money on my card for a deposit. Came back and proceeded to finish, we went up to our room and it smelled of smoke. The tv was an old one, beds looked like someone had been laying on it. Rules..... No visiters. Not even family. Old furniture, very dated. Adults only? What! Just a horrible place. We got our money back and went to a motel 6 , this place was clean and didn't have a questionable atmosphere.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank nonny1947
Reviewed 11 November 2016

I have stayed at this Property many times. My Reservation was canceled with no call, or email. It all came done to my cards expiration date changed with the new technology on the cards. I called as we were going to be checking in late to find out they cancelled my reservation. I was upset at the property asking why I was not called, he stated, we don’t call anyone. Great business practice. He stated I would not be staying now or in the future due to the tone in my voice. Now tell me anyone in this moment would have done the same as me. I did call Hotels.com they were great and told me that they have had other complaints and were sorry for the treatment. They found me another property quickly less expensive and in a better location. Lodge of La Mesa Should is ashamed of their self.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott D
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Been staying here over 6 years now. Sad it's no longer a Wyndham affiliate. I like the points. But the Lodge is still a very nice place to stay. They don't allow more than two people per room which make us working types happy we stay here because it is quiet. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating to your needs. The rooms are neat and cleaned daily. I like this hotel a lot, that's why I've been staying here for 6 plus years 2 to 3 weeks a month. Shopping and restaurants near by.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side if you don't like street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Staff member David was completely unprofessional and used profanity. I've stayed all over the country and never dealt with a staff like this one. I now see why this hotel is the cheapest around. Disgusting and a staff to match it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Sohaib F
Reviewed 5 September 2016

The outside of the building is very deceiving. The rooms are excellent, they change you bed everyday and tidy up the room. The floors were clean to you felt comfortable walking around barefooted. The front desk employees are very helpful and understanding. I definitely would stay here again....

Room Tip: TRY IT YOU WILL LOVE IT. My room was excellent and very roomy..
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Best Western Courtesy Inn
#3 of 15 in El Cajon
Motel 6 La Mesa CA
#2 of 8 in La Mesa

Been to Lodge Of La Mesa? Share your experiences!