“Horrible”
Review of Lodge Of La Mesa

Lodge Of La Mesa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I was here last weekend of Aug. 26. Did not last 5 minutes in the lobby dealing with a person named Neil. My first review with TripAdvisor was not accepted. Very bad costumer service and please pay attention to all the rates before giving your credit card info or photo copy of your ID. This guy literally threw us out for questioning an extra $10 charge and other charges that were not advertised in Expedia.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We were visiting San Diego as part of a road trip and booked the Travelodge in La Mesa as the best value deal for our one night in the area. I gather there is a strict 4pm threshold for checking in, although we arrived late evening so that wasn't an issue.
The room was large, with a King bed, microwave, safe, coffee machine and fridge, large TV, work-desk, and there was free Wi-Fi.

The hotel staff had taken the trouble to present all the flannels etc in a pretty fan shape, which was a nice touch. It had basic Wyndham chain toiletries, and breakfast was quite basic (juice / coffee, fruit, cereals) but that was fine for our needs.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2017

As another customer mentioned, this is a bizarre policy. $25 extra for early check-in before 4pm. I was told by reception this policy was in my hotels.com confirmation letter. It was not. Because we needed to change for a wedding, I inquired about paying the $25. I was told there would be no rooms available until 4pm. Apparently the attendants start cleaning the rooms at 11am. Management doesn't want to put pressure on the maids to clean the rooms too fast, so they wait until 4pm to do a quality check, and then make them available. Which kind of conflicts with the $25 early check-in policy. So ended up very confused and had to change for the wedding in the service attendants bathrooms. Not impressed with reception, although the guy probably gets tired of having to deal with annoyed customers all the time.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I've been coming here for years for business. My stay is always four or five nights at a time. It's always been clean and comfortable. Very quiet place to stay. There is a taco shop is right next-door and the perfect place for dinner. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

While the hotel seemed clean the real issue I had was checking in - we arrived at 1:30pm. I wanted to see if we could check in early but when I walked up to the door I was not allowed in at all. You have to buzz the front desk and they would only repeat the line "check in at 4pm".
Horrible customer service - add the fact the hotel is out dated and old - do yourself a favor - don't book here.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

My daughter lives in la Mesa and we live in England. We come for two or three weeks each Christmas. Previously I had stayed here without my husband on two separate occasions. Once in spring once in summer. I'm pretty sure it hasn't changed ownership since then and so we booked from December 7th 2016 to December 26th 2016
AWFUL. Just absolutely terrible. One of the mail night staff was the rudest worst service I have ever received ever. When our toilet overflowed and we called down he took 30 mins to show up and hand me a plunger!!!!! Then proceeded to tell me I had to plunge and clean the overflow on the floor, because it was my fault for flushing tissue!!! He abruptly pointed to the trash can and said "you wipe and out tissue here" hold on!!!! It's 2016! And I'm PAYING to stay here.
Our sheets were not changed once for the entire duration of our stay. The shampoo was only replenished once even though we asked at the main office numerous times. We had to ask for clean towels daily and the room didn't see a vacuum for any part of our stay either. The door was locked as we approached it on three separate occasions, meaning the night guy could see us approaching and locked he door and walked back to his desk anyway..... what? Isn't it common courtesy to open and hold open the door to patrons anymore!?!?!
And then, to add we could hear every single step the people above us took all night every night.
ZERO customer service. The staff are more interested in their phones and sitting on their chairs than customer satisfaction or pride in their work.
NEVER EVER STAY HERE!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jo-DMckee
Reviewed 6 January 2017

I'll admit I was a bit worried about this place after reading a few of the reviews. We've stayed here before visiting family and once again booked 3 rooms for this Christmas. Checkin was OK but this place has too many special "rules" ; no one under 21 can stay , no visitors allowed, front door shaded and locked 24/7, needed names and credit cards of each person staying and in which rooms. The rooms are standard, clean, roomy, and not too old. We had problems with one of the TV's and staff had it fixed before we got back that night. If you want a cheap hotel, this is the place.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2.2 km away
Motel 6 La Mesa CA
Motel 6 La Mesa CA
#2 of 8 in La Mesa

Been to Lodge Of La Mesa? Share your experiences!