See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

I must advise ANYONE to NOT book this hotel unless you are fine with spending your money here and Then front desk ATTEMPTS to dictating your stay? This front desk clerk is very rude/disrespectful. After going to a better hotel, i read the reviews...A lot visitors experienced similar or worse. Another sign:PARKING LOT IS ALWAYS EMPTY. NO ONE WANTS TO STAY THERE. THE OWNER SHOULD REALLY CONSIDER CHANGES IN MANAGEMENT/FRONT DESK A.S.A.P. U GET ZERO STARS FROM ME.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Paddi D
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

I was here last weekend of Aug. 26. Did not last 5 minutes in the lobby dealing with a person named Neil. My first review with TripAdvisor was not accepted. Very bad costumer service and please pay attention to all the rates before giving your credit card info or photo copy of your ID. This guy literally threw us out for questioning an extra $10 charge and other charges that were not advertised in Expedia.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuperstarChris
Reviewed June 3, 2017

We were visiting San Diego as part of a road trip and booked the Travelodge in La Mesa as the best value deal for our one night in the area. I gather there is a strict 4pm threshold for checking in, although we arrived late evening so that wasn't an issue.
The room was large, with a King bed, microwave, safe, coffee machine and fridge, large TV, work-desk, and there was free Wi-Fi.

The hotel staff had taken the trouble to present all the flannels etc in a pretty fan shape, which was a nice touch. It had basic Wyndham chain toiletries, and breakfast was quite basic (juice / coffee, fruit, cereals) but that was fine for our needs.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2017

As another customer mentioned, this is a bizarre policy. $25 extra for early check-in before 4pm. I was told by reception this policy was in my hotels.com confirmation letter. It was not. Because we needed to change for a wedding, I inquired about paying the $25. I was told there would be no rooms available until 4pm. Apparently the attendants start cleaning the rooms at 11am. Management doesn't want to put pressure on the maids to clean the rooms too fast, so they wait until 4pm to do a quality check, and then make them available. Which kind of conflicts with the $25 early check-in policy. So ended up very confused and had to change for the wedding in the service attendants bathrooms. Not impressed with reception, although the guy probably gets tired of having to deal with annoyed customers all the time.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

I've been coming here for years for business. My stay is always four or five nights at a time. It's always been clean and comfortable. Very quiet place to stay. There is a taco shop is right next-door and the perfect place for dinner. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business