“Perfect”
Review of Lodge Of La Mesa

Lodge Of La Mesa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Very professional.....the check in time wasn't an issue for us. They printed out concert and tv show tickets for me while I had breakfast. Room was really modern and looked brand new. Adults only which made it even better for us

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I must advise ANYONE to NOT book this hotel unless you are fine with spending your money here and Then front desk ATTEMPTS to dictating your stay? This front desk clerk is very rude/disrespectful. After going to a better hotel, i read the reviews...A lot visitors experienced similar or worse. Another sign:PARKING LOT IS ALWAYS EMPTY. NO ONE WANTS TO STAY THERE. THE OWNER SHOULD REALLY CONSIDER CHANGES IN MANAGEMENT/FRONT DESK A.S.A.P. U GET ZERO STARS FROM ME.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Paddi D
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I was here last weekend of Aug. 26. Did not last 5 minutes in the lobby dealing with a person named Neil. My first review with TripAdvisor was not accepted. Very bad costumer service and please pay attention to all the rates before giving your credit card info or photo copy of your ID. This guy literally threw us out for questioning an extra $10 charge and other charges that were not advertised in Expedia.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2017

We were visiting San Diego as part of a road trip and booked the Travelodge in La Mesa as the best value deal for our one night in the area. I gather there is a strict 4pm threshold for checking in, although we arrived late evening so that wasn't an issue.
The room was large, with a King bed, microwave, safe, coffee machine and fridge, large TV, work-desk, and there was free Wi-Fi.

The hotel staff had taken the trouble to present all the flannels etc in a pretty fan shape, which was a nice touch. It had basic Wyndham chain toiletries, and breakfast was quite basic (juice / coffee, fruit, cereals) but that was fine for our needs.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2017

As another customer mentioned, this is a bizarre policy. $25 extra for early check-in before 4pm. I was told by reception this policy was in my hotels.com confirmation letter. It was not. Because we needed to change for a wedding, I inquired about paying the $25. I was told there would be no rooms available until 4pm. Apparently the attendants start cleaning the rooms at 11am. Management doesn't want to put pressure on the maids to clean the rooms too fast, so they wait until 4pm to do a quality check, and then make them available. Which kind of conflicts with the $25 early check-in policy. So ended up very confused and had to change for the wedding in the service attendants bathrooms. Not impressed with reception, although the guy probably gets tired of having to deal with annoyed customers all the time.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I've been coming here for years for business. My stay is always four or five nights at a time. It's always been clean and comfortable. Very quiet place to stay. There is a taco shop is right next-door and the perfect place for dinner. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

While the hotel seemed clean the real issue I had was checking in - we arrived at 1:30pm. I wanted to see if we could check in early but when I walked up to the door I was not allowed in at all. You have to buzz the front desk and they would only repeat the line "check in at 4pm".
Horrible customer service - add the fact the hotel is out dated and old - do yourself a favor - don't book here.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Best Western Courtesy Inn
#3 of 15 in El Cajon
Motel 6 La Mesa CA
#2 of 8 in La Mesa

Been to Lodge Of La Mesa? Share your experiences!