“Too many selections of great food”
Review of Super China Buffet

Super China Buffet
Ranked #80 of 234 Restaurants in La Mesa
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 9, 2017

My friend and I usually meet here for lunch. They have too many choices of foods to pick from - but they are delicious and the establishment is very clean. They now have a sushi bar too.

1  Thank sonora95

Reviewed April 18, 2017

This restaurant is an all you can eat restaurant, and can get very crowded at times. The staff is very good at replenishing the food. The food is very good, but do anything not to have to use the bathroom. The condition of the bathroom can scare you for life.

2  Thank Susan K
Reviewed April 7, 2017

I don't usually go to buffets but we had visitors who wanted to try one while here. One of our friends is in a wheelchair which normally is not a problem...except here. I should have known that things would not go well when our host walks up wearing flip flops and faded camo shorts. He saw that one of us was in a wheelchair so he immediately leads us weaving in and out of the some very narrow paths between tables instead of around the edge of the eating area. Then tries to sit us at a booth with absolutely no room between the booth and the next table. We said that obviously we couldn't use this booth. He said we would have to wait for a table..OK. I saw several tables covered in dirty dishes and we went back to the front to wait. Although the diner was not really busy I watched for over 15 minutes as those table sat there with no attempt made to clean them while our crackerjack host continued to sit people in booths...we left. So i really wish I could tell you about the food, but that's never going to happen.

Reviewed January 28, 2017

Been here couple years ago so I checked Yelp and Tripadvisor reviews just to see what folks are saying. Most the complaints were about mislabeled foods and workers not speaking english which is ok in my books. We got seated right away, for a Friday evening it wasn't too busy. They have a wide food selection, salad bar, soups, sushi and desserts with a chocolate fountain. The wild part is they had a ham bone but you need to carve yourself. It was moist and tasty. I prefer it that way so the ham doesn't get dried out. There was a fish entree that didn't look like fish that was delicious, it was deep fried with a sweet chili sauce on it. Yes some of the food looked dried out but you just stay away from those. Right? And some foods were mislabeled but you'll figure it out. For the most part it was an enjoyable experience and we were stuffed when we left. For a $12.99 dinner with a beverage you can't go wrong....food is healthy with lots of veggie choices. Parking is plentiful.

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

his place is great. They have a huge selection!! Crab legs, clams, mussels etc. plus fruit, a sushi bar and a stir fry type grill where they make it to order after you pick your meat and veggies. The food is very flavorful ( which usually isn't the case at most buffets) and I saw them constantly bringing out more fresh food. The only issue is the service. The hostess was rude and the waitresses ignore you. This place briefs your drink to the table vs. self serve an my girlfriend wanted a refill. She never got it because the waitress was invisible until the check came. This was my second time going and the service sucks both times. The waitress don't even speak to you. I saw one waiter who was really friendly and actually interacted with the people at his tables but he was the only one that I saw doing that. The place is really clean and the food is great so if you don't care too much about your service, it's a great place!

Been to Super China Buffet? Share your experiences!