“Great Food and Value”

Shizuoka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 224 Restaurants in La Mesa
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

The sushi is the best in the area and very reasonably priced. This has be one our sushi spot of choice when we want a quick bite to eat.

Reviewed August 3, 2016

Small but cozy! Simple Japanese food. Very tasty! My Mom is Japanese and we order take-out from here about once a week! Lunch or dinner.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

The restaurant is small, but the food is well known in the Asian community--for lunch or dinner. The service is personal, and the food is freshly prepared.

Reviewed March 21, 2016

Family run Japanese restaurant that has a few tables. The menu was typical sushi rolls and chicken teriyaki combo. plates but very delicious and quick service. It has been sold very recently to ( Narumi, not sure of the spelling).
My son and ate at Shizuoka very recently, which has been in the Michael's Craft shopping strip mall for a very long time.

Reviewed February 18, 2015

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch yesterday based on our friends' recommendation.
We were very surprised and pleased with the food and ambiance because we had stopped going there a few years ago because we felt the premises were not clean.
The new owner of this small restaurant is a native Japanese and he prepares the food. His brother helps to greet and serve. They now serve sushi made to your specifications. Prices are very reasonable. Chicken teriyaki is one of the best I've ever eaten. As we were ready to leave I told them how much I liked their ginger (in many other restaurants I've found ginger to be too mild or tasteless) so, in gratitude, I was given a take-home box of ginger! I hope this restaurant is a big success!!