“Always clean and comfortable”

Holiday Inn La Mirada
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in La Mirada
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times, all on business. The rooms are consistently very clean,large, beds comfortable, and service friendly and helpful. Nice flat screen televisions were recently installed. The on site shop is well stocked and open late. The Red Robin is great for drinks, burgers, etc. The Elephant Bar has more variety and is right across the street. The only negatives - the hotel can get crowded when several tours arrive, with long waiting at the elevators, and rooms near the elevators can be noisy even late at night. Overall though thia is a very good and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Pretty good hotel. If your priority club they provide free breakfast and happy hour on the 8th floor. Breakfast was satisfactory; selection was okay. Front desk folks are friendly, as is the concierge. Rooms are clean but seem kinda plain and dim.. Rooms could be brighter and seems like they could put another piece of furniture in with plenty of room. Very touristy hotel with an attached Red Robin restaurant. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Jack50
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

Staying in this hotel for three nights. Arranged me in the noisy side in a connecting room. There's a loud fan outside, as a light sleeper, I called to change room, but they are so sold out that the only room I can change is even closer to the noise. I am not so sure if a hotel like this can run such a full house. Service response was really slow too. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Julieeeeee,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology with regards to the noise that you have experienced during your stay. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you very much for staying with us.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on an employee rate and I have to say I was very dissapointed by the poor costumer service I received. The guy at the front desk wasn't very welcoming when my boyfriend and I checked in ( it might have been because it was late at night). On our second night, at around 2:30am, our neighboors were partying and being extremely loud so my boyfriend called the front desk to ask him if he could do something about it. The auditor said he'd send someone to that room and ask them to keep it down. We waited about 20 min and the noise didn't stop, we called the front desk again but no one no answer. We waited another 10 min and called the front desk twice and our call wasn't picked up again. My boyfriend finally decided to go down to the lobby to talk to the night auditor but on his way down someone from the room next door encountered my him and told him they were going to move to another room (since they had about three rooms that night). We decided to let it go, we both work for hotels and we know some things can't be controlled by the hotel. The next day we went to the front desk to check in a 2nd room we had reserved for our friends, who were getting married that same day, and were surprised by the poor costumer service Adriana provided. She was very unpleasant and not very costumer service oriented. We wanted to check in the room with our debit card and have our friends pay for their own room the following morning upon check out. She insisted that because we were checking in with a debit card we had to make a full payment for room and tax upon check in. I am a front office supervisor for Washington state Holiday Inn and have never heard of such a thing, I honestly think she was just trying to give us a hard time. She explained that every Holiday hotel has different policies, which also makes sense, but not when these "policies" aren't consistent <we were not ask to pay upon check in for our first room eventhough we used a debit card that time too>. We felt that because we stayed on an employee rate we weren't given the level of service a regular guest would. The employee rate is our priviledge for being employees of intercontinental hotel group and we should not be treated any different.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erika T
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Perhaps on other floors, too, but I don't know... I thought perhaps the rather severe allergies I had most of the weekend I stayed there were from the air in the LA area generally (very high pollen counts). But after checkout (and during the times I was away from the hotel), the symptoms got better fairly quickly. I don't know if there was(/is?) a mold problem on that floor...?

The staff were great. If it had occurred to me during the stay that allergies could have been to something on the fourth floor, I'm sure they would have done their best to move us.

Red Robin restaurant for the breakfast buffet was quite average, but there was some entertainment value in watching the crowd. ;-)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
CHAHoliday, General Manager at Holiday Inn La Mirada, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn La Mirada out of the many different lodging options you had. We greatly appreciate your business and feedback! I am pleased to see that your experience with our staff was great! I am, however, disappointed in regards to your allergic reaction during your stay and wished you let us know, so that we could have provided you with a room move on a different floor. I can confidently state that we don't have moldy floors and after reading your Holiday Inn guest survey, it seems that you had an allergic reaction to our Smoking Floor, which is the fourth floor. Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you during your visit to the Los Angeles area and next time, we will make sure to accommodate you on a different floor.

Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

I like how big the rooms are and you even have choices on their pillow. I liked the fact that there are alot of table space in the room.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Excellent hotel. Everything ok
Rooms quiet, Service excellent.
Breakfast diner ok, reasonable bar restaurant just across the road.
Would stay again

Good Nite Inn Buena Park
#1 of 19 in Buena Park
3.7 km away
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center

Been to Holiday Inn La Mirada? Share your experiences!