“We did it again!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Chicago, Illinois
“We did it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Well, this was our second trip to the Embassy Suites in LaQuinta. Could it be as good as the first time?
Without a doubt. We reviewed this hotel in March 2011 and were really happy. We feel the same now. Visited again in March 2012 and things were simply great. For a family of 5 we could not do any better. Staff was exceptional. Eric, the GM, was on top of everything. New ammenities around the pool were a great addition. Cook to order breakfasts were more than acceptable for the fam. Manager's reception at 5:30 was perfectly timed. Absolutely recommended hotel. Especially for a family that might be budget sensative. Plus you have to take advantage of Old Town LaQuinta across the street. Many happy hour deals and you can walk so if you care to have a drink or 3 no worries getting back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room with balcony is best. Try and get a room that faces the mountains. Gorgeous!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CoachellaKing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Korean first
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

This hotel has spacious rooms with enough room to fit a small family with a separate living area and closet space. Our room had a view of the mountains on one side and opened up to the hallway and atrium on the other. We saw many families staying here. There are quite a few pools here - the larger pool for the hotel and then smaller pools for the casita guests. The free daily continental breakfast was impressive. We had fresh fruit, made-to-order omelets, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereal, oatmeal, fruit juice, coffee and tea. Service was great in the kitchen and they were very prompt at clearing tables to allow the next group to sit down. Parking is free and plentiful and the hotel is in a great location. You are just steps away from charming Old Town La Quinta which has wonderful restaurants (Stuft Pizza is our favorite) and shops. Old Town Coffee Company is very good too. The weekly Farmer's Market was great and we had a fun time perusing. This is a great, clean, no-frills hotel.

1 Thank la12_traveler
Eureka, cA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Full disclosure: I'm not a big fan of the brand. I've stayed at a few ES's and its the indoor courtyard and limited outdoor window access that freaks me out like a big atrium breeding ground for who knows what. But we had a weeks worth of business and wanted space and amenities that this hotel promised.
I was unimpressed with the lobby. The heavy wood furnishings against the too white walls seemed out of context to the spectacular, sunny, desert scene outside. But the suite was nice enough and the bathroom had an actual silver seal on the tp roll and since I saw that in my first five minutes of checking in I thought, 'wowzer this is going to be deluxe!'
We had room service many times and that staff was amazing, sweet and accommodating . The food was inconsistent but had its high points.
Not being ES savvy we didn't realize that there is a system of "rules" involved in accessing the perks of free breakfast and drinks during the manager's reception each evening. Guests were fairly easily herded into the proper direction of the buffet line for breakfast after showing proper credentials to the guards, er, I mean, hostesses. Unfortunately, in the evening the hubby didn't know the protocol for acquiring his free diet coke after working all day and crawling up to the bar only to be ignored by the bartender after requesting a diet coke. Literally ignored. Like, talk to the hand ignored. Silly hubby didn't see the tiny sign to the right of the massive bar where guests are to line up for their beverage. Since there was no line when he got there it just didn't register that he couldn't simply walk up to the bar and order. When a couple then showed up and were served while hubby was being ignored, he didn't know what was up and called the bartender out on it only to have the coke slammed down in front of him while being verbally schooled that he must follow the rules and line up like the others. That's not cool. This is a hotel, a purported luxury establishment, not a penitentiary.
Folks generally seem to love this place so keep that in mind.. It was clean, the rooms are big and you're well fed.....if you get in the right line.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank VJF57
San Mateo California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed here last week for a convention that was being held here. When I checked in, I was upgraded to a "casita" suite... Basically a condo that is in a series separate buildings around the main property.

What I got was a full one bedroom condo. It had a full kitchen with full size refrigerator and stove.. A very nice surprise. It also had a washer and drier.

When I got into my bed I noted the housekeeper had managed to get queen sheets on my king bed... and not surprisingly the sheets kept sliding off all night....

Despite not staying in the main building, I got all of the things an embassy suites offers.. Free full breakfast... access to the manager's cocktail hour.

The cons of the Casita Suite:
-I noted that the TV's were the older tube, non HD style...
-Wired Internet only. No wi-fi.
-They give you an old fashion "key" to the pool area that they took a 50.00 deposit if you don't return... Kind of a pain in the @ss to keep track of the key or lose 50 bucks.

The pro's of the property are:
-Clean
-Free breakfast and managers cocktail hour
-a few minutes walk to several great restaurants!

I would stay here again!

Room Tip: The Casita suites lack Wi-Fi but come with a full kitchen, washer and drier.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We recently attended a wedding out in La Quinta and the cheapest room block option was at the Embassy Suites ($227!). While the property was very nice and clean, I couldn't believe that an Embassy Suites discounted room block rate was so much; after all was said and done with tax, etc. the total came out to be $268, basically to store our luggage and rest our head.

Don't get me wrong though, the property is very nice, clean, and spacious. The small pool and surrounding area could use an upgrade. Full american breakfast was included (buffet style) and offered a made to order omelet station- very good! We didn't get a chance to enjoy the spa but the menu prices were reasonable.

My one gripe was that there was no hot water...... for at least 10 minutes. I contacted the front desk and was informed that the hot water was working but it takes about 10 minutes to warm up. If you're on a time crunch, know that you'll need to turn the hot water on the second you open your eyes or expect to take a cold shower.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would come back again but we would probably wait for the lower rates to come back around.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JJandAdice
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Great stay!! Beautiful, new hotel with LARGE rooms! I have stayed at many Embassy Suite's and I'm always happy, but this one had exceptionally nice suites. The manager's reception (free alcoholic drinks with chips/salsa etc) is great - although stingier than other Embassy's. I'm not sure if they've changed their policies (such as 1 drink at a time) or if it is just this location. Either way, it was not too busy so it wasn't bad to have to get one drink each time. Breakfast was great!

Really loved this place! So clean, quiet, and comfortable!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Murrieta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Just came home from a one night stay. My husband was golfing at the Stadium Course and we were looking to stay close by. We ended up going out for dinner so we did not go to the manager's reception but it looked really good. We did have breakfast in the morning and it was really pretty good. Much better than alot of other hotels I've stayed at that offer breakfast. Quite a selection and the dinining area is spacious. Our room was really nice, clean and efficient. Soft water in the shower. I would totally stay here again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Quinta
5.3 km away
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
7.2 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!