La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,833 results
All reviewsstarlight casitaadobe grillpga westspa villathe mexican restauranttennis courtsice makerspanish stylepools and hot tubsbeautiful groundsgas fireplacemain poolgreat golfprivate poolfitness centerplay golfadult pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I will give more details in this review, but the main point to take away is this will not match any sane expectation of a Waldorf Astoria-branded resort.

This resort has its pluses, but overall, if you come in expecting luxury, then you will be sorely disappointed. I will start with the misses, and then mention some of the things we actually did like.

- There was a giant cockroach in our room that I was fortunately (or not) to have discovered on our final night there, and killed.
- Besides the roach, there were probably upwards of 25 flies in the room throughout our stay. It didn't help that housekeeping didn't sweep the droppings from the tree outside of our room, which I'm guessing helped attract the insects.
- The furnishings are very dated. The decor might've been luxurious 20 years ago, but no more. The rooms have many small oversights that clearly indicate this is not a resort that's well maintained.
- The towels are what you'd expect at a Holiday Inn Express, not Waldorf Astoria.
- Our room was #939, which is near the main pool. We were told this was a very convenient location. Never mind that if you happen to drive out during the day, it was pretty much impossible to get a parking spot near your room since everything's taken by people who have decided to visit the main pool, fitness center, tennis courts, etc. all day.
- We were never given any information about what was happening at the resort. Thus, we missed out on the Easter Brunch, as well as the various days the resort had dive-in movies, which our kids would've loved.
- Multiple emails to the hotel's GM prior to check-in went unanswered, which is hardly the responsiveness you'd expect from a so-called luxury resort.
- The men's locker room by the gym/tennis court is dilapidated. I kid you not, the bathroom stall door fell off its hinges in my hands. And based on the condition, I'm guessing it's not the first time.

Here's what I did like:

- The breakfast food quality is pretty good. I also appreciated that kids 5 and under were able to eat free.
- While it was busy, it was never difficult to find open chairs at the pool.
- The check-in desk staff was very friendly. While there was opportunity for improvement (e.g., informing guest of resort activities, making sure the correct amounts are charged at check-out), I appreciated their positive attitude.
- It was conveniently located within La Quinta.
- Wifi was free, and fairly reliable.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the main pool. Parking situation is terrible.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank dagongster
Katherine S, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear dagongster,

I am disappointed to hear that your recent stay at La Quinta Resort & Club was so underwhelming and appreciate this thoughtful and extensive feedback. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of efficiency and guest comfort, and anything less is unacceptable. I apologize on behalf of La Quinta Resort & Club and hope we can welcome you back again soon for a family-friendly visit that exceeds your expectations.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I would love to love you baby. But....when there is brown cockroach poop on your pillow.... when your room has dirty furniture-the kind you think and hope is just lovingly worn but you sit on it and you feel like you’re in a college dorm....sitting on a fraternity sofa....and you paid $1100 a night to stay here....no joke. Golf courses are fun fun fun and having a fridge and toaster and washer dryer is a nice touch to a “Spa Villa Suite”- but....one cannot call the Sevilla’s or suites and there is a Spa but it’s not close to the room....if you don’t check your rooms location you could be on the parking lot side where kids congregate in thing bikinis taking Selfies....Restaurants are just fine. The gift market needs more variety but the Staff are putting in the hours to help the Spring Break crowds...I booked the best room I could find last minute on Expedia. I paid $4900 for a Frat house room with a white dirty fridge. No jokes here.

The lawn looks good. The orange trees are pretty.

The sofa is a very well used sofa bed and it smells like it....

Hello 1990....here your furniture, right down to the giclees with the food stains....

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eliza F

Dear Eliza ,

Please accept my apology for the unacceptable lack of cleanliness that you experienced and that it was not immediately escalated to a manager. It is our commitment to guests that their rooms will be spotless upon arrival and that our staff is trained to resolve any deficiencies without delay. I regret that we fell inexcusably short of our standards during your stay. I hope we can welcome you back to fully enjoy your resort experience without distraction.

Kindly,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The resort was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in the poolside rooms and it worked great! We loved the peacefulness of having the pool not so crowded. Room service was great, Morgan’s restaurant was amazing and our waiter was super knowledgeable! The piano bar in there was great! We took advantage of the great golf facilities. We will definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear calgopher,

I am so pleased that you found La Quinta Resort & Club to be the perfect destination for a relaxing stay. It is wonderful when guests discover that our expansive resort setting can feel so private and intimate. Peaceful days, fine food and drink, and personalized service are always waiting for you here, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I as well as our two teenage daughters thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this relaxing, family oriented divine resort! We will definitely be back to enjoy another getaway in one of the gorgeous Casitas...Bravo LQR!

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear jprins2018,

I am thrilled that your stay exceeded your expectations! Thank you very much for being our guest, and we look forward to taking great care of you on your return to La Quinta Resort & Club -- "the gorgeous getaway"!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My son and I were here for his school break two years ago, and this year's stay at La Quinta was even better! I always stay at La Quinta during Coachella, but I had the best time experiencing the resort through the eyes of my son! He loved the many pool options, especially the pool closest to our room (Spa Villa 1664--which was absolutely perfect for a family). There were pool toys in a gift basket awaiting our arrival--a wonderful and unexpected touch! We had lunch at the new "pizza parlor" by the main pool, and enjoyed our meals at the Adobe Grill and Twenty6, although my son did talk me into leaving the resort for a quick drive-thru at the nearby In-N-Out Burger, followed by gelato from the Marketplace at the resort. Hey, it's his Spring Break, after all!
We both agreed that La Quinta is now "our" hotel and we can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The Starlight Casitas are worth the splurge for the upstairs views and outdoor patios.

Dear KG90027,

Thank you so much for making La Quinta Resort & Club part of your family vacation tradition! It is our pleasure to welcome you to your destination of choice for spring break fun, fine dining, and pool relaxation. We look forward to sharing our spring in the desert with you again next year and wish you another memorable experience.