“Muy bien Taqueria”

Taqueria Teotihuacan
Ranked #66 of 131 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 18, 2017

This taqueria is located in a strip mall at the intersection of Dune Palms and Highway 111. It is operated by a husband and wife who are originally from Mexico City. As soon as you enter the location one can immediately spot the cleanliness. Teotihuacan is an ancient city near Mexico City thus the Aztec décor and tapestries hanging on the brightly colored walls inside. Whenever in La Quinta on golfing trips I eat at this taqueria but to be fair I have only had their breakfast meals. Many familiar Mexican dishes can be had during breakfast but I favor the carnitas con huevos. You have the option of chunks of carnitas on the side or they will shred the carnitas along with your eggs. Good selection of salsas, pickled carrots, jalapeños, etc. Although only having breakfast I have not experienced a bad meal. Prices are moderate.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed April 10, 2017

We went for dinner with another couple and their little girl. Our friends have been there a few times recently and the staff remembered what they like and the little girl's name. I had the albondigas soup and it was delicious, although at $10.99 was kinda pricey even though it was a big bowl. My hubby had a taco salad and was happy with it. The chips were extra good and the guacamole was delicious. Really liked the chip salsa too. All in all we enjoyed it and plan to meet up with our friends there again.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed October 20, 2016

So good! Visiting for the concert, trying to fill up on the cheap...carb action. I was really surprised at the quality and authenticity of the food. I was so good. I had the cheese enchilada and beef taco combo with black beans and rice for $13.95. First of all, I love that black beans were an option, and second of all... I NEVER eat the rice, omg that was the first thing gone on my plate because it smelled so good! Not sure what they do to it, but it's the best I have ever had. The sauce for the sauce for the enchilada was very tasty and cheese was plentiful - no skimping! Taco was perfect. I ate every bite and I would go back. I really want to try the posole. Waiter was nice, there was a lady there too that was just as sweet as can be, not sure what her position was though.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed April 1, 2016

Good service and ceviche was really good. Didn't blow my socks off, food was average. Visited because so many raving reviews on another website. Its good, just maybe not as good as I wanted to think. I'd go again -

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed March 17, 2016

First of all, the decor is worth the trip. Everything is about the legend of Montezuma. I had the shrimp tacos, each $3.50, big juicy shrimp, great sauce, crunchy cabbage, fantastic. My friend had a taco al pastor, and a chile relleno, both very good. Loved this spot, will be back,

Date of visit: March 2016