“Best Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Being from out of town I picked a restaurant using trip advisor. Everyone wanted Italian so I picked Giardino's. I reserved a table for eight on Sunday evening. Everyone had something different and the meals were superior. I only wish this restaurant was closer to my home so I could frequent more often. Excellent.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I'm not sure how we originally found this place because it's rather hidden, but I'm glad we did. We now go every month or so for a tasty meal. I'm not sure what it's called, but the tomato/garlic sauce for the bread is addicting! We've tried everything on the menu, and always had a good meal. The ceasar salad isn't great, but I really enjoy the house salad. Now that I've tried the pumpkin ravioli in the butter sage sauce, I have a hard time ordering anything else because it is mouth watering! It appears to be a family run operation - great service, friendly people.

2  Thank Linda H
Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you want to dine outside on Mt. Diablo Blvd, but not feel the rush of traffic, find this gem hidden in a tiny strip mall. There menu is small, but they care about each item and produce good food. The night we came, they were out of veal - a big disappointment - but the dishes we selected were quite good. The pasta is cooked correctly and the food all seems fresh and well prepared. They do have a nice wine by the glass offering.

1  Thank Denise K
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Probably eat at Giardins once every couple of months - it's our 'go to' local restaurant when we run out of ideas or are too lazy to search for something new to try!! It's hidden off the main drag in a little courtyard - quiet. In the summer they have table/chairs out on the patio - lovely setting. Inside nicely decorated and cozy. Greeted and served by the owners (sorry can't remember their names), last night it was hugs, like old friends! Complimentary to the table is toasted garlic bread with a homemade olive dip or sorts - quite tasty! Partner orderd the pasta with clams etc and me, instead of veal scallopini (sp) they adjust to chicken with white wine etc! Portions are plenty - wine is most definitely plenty - glasses always filled! Reasonably priced. I like to see a family owned business succeed and this couple most certainly are trying. Oh, not a couple as in husband/wife think they are family related just not in the marital sense!!

3  Thank my2moms
Reviewed January 5, 2012

great gnocchi and the owner is fabulous. Best kept secret in Lafayette

2  Thank lorlafayette