“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I ate at Giardino with my family the other night and was very happy with the whole dining experience.
The restaurant is small and cozy, yet spacious enough that we had our own conversation space. The acoustics are very good so that no one in our party had to yell to be heard and the conversation at other tables was not intrusive. There is also outside dining, though it was a bit chilly the night we went so we opted to be inside.
The decor is nice and the chairs and tables comfortable, They also have a side room that hold up to 15 people for those that may want to have a private event.
Our waiter/owner(?) was friendly and knew his menu and wine selection very well. The food was excellent and the portion sizes, though not huge, were just right for our meals. An entree coupled with a salad and some steamed vegis took care of my big appetite and my mothers' salad and manicotti gave her enough food to even have some leftovers to take home.
The price point was very reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber, with dinner for three with two glasses of wine well under $100.
I will return again.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a local family run restaurant that is warm and friendly. The food is essentially good mainly their Caesar Salad and Lasagna. The service is slow and not really to par with other restaurants in the area. The owner is the only server as well as the host and he is a busy man, however we were not in a rush and were enjoying a glass of Chianti, so it didn’t bother us. We had a great time and will return when in the area

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I rented the entire restaurant for my girlfriend's birthday and all her friends to join, wow, the owner; Andre, set this up with yummy food, many wines, and an ambiance perfect for a party for forty. We have returned since as Andre just cares about making each plate special. There's an outdoor patio area under a big tree that feels like I'm tucked away on some side street in an Italian villa. This place isn't easy to find as its off in a small driveway that you'll miss if you blink.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

this makes a huge difference. he cares about the food, will let you customize your order, makes his own pasta. the carpaccio is a favorite and all the pasta dishes are terrific. great with kids, or just a couples night out. strange location; but once you are in the restaurant you don't feel like you are in Lafayette. definitely worth checking out.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Being from out of town I picked a restaurant using trip advisor. Everyone wanted Italian so I picked Giardino's. I reserved a table for eight on Sunday evening. Everyone had something different and the meals were superior. I only wish this restaurant was closer to my home so I could frequent more often. Excellent.