“None better anywhere”
Review of Gelato Paradiso

Gelato Paradiso
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Laguna Beach
Description: Our artisanal gelato is hand-made in small batches every morning, right in the shop. Each flavor is rendered using old world recipes and traditions that have been passed down and improved upon through generations of master artisans. When we say “artisanal,” what we’re really trying to convey is hundreds of years of gelato history, knowledge, and expertise behind each bite.
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

During the decade I called Laguna home, when we ate out, Gelato Paradiso was always the desert spot. A friend travelled all over New York City, looking for better gelato and couldn’t find it. This place is truly world class, and they make their own waffle cones, too.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 19, 2018

I'm always a little skeptical of gelato places, but I've lived in Italy and I can honestly say this is the most authentic gelato I've had since being back. It's expensive, but worth it!! You pay for what you get! Amazing. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Great gelato place as always. Originally remembered going here the day after proposing to my now wife, and a few other times over the past decade. On our trip to SoCal in September, we just had to make a visit once again.
The staff allow you to sample a flavor before committing to it. A large is under USD$6, plenty to share for two and not feel sick afterwards given the amount of sugar. Lots of selection of gourmet sorbets and gelatos with fresh and delicious flavors. Good to cleanse off a palette or as a nice lighter dessert if you care to skip it while eating out elsewhere. This place is tucked out back in a little mini strip-mall you walk though, so be on the lookout, as it is easy to miss! Bear in mind because it is a small shop, so seating is quite limited to the seats on the walkway.
Please kindly indicate if you found this review to be helpful, as it will help me focus on my future review efforts! Safe travels!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Gelato Paradiso was recommended from a friend who visits CA often. My mom was traveling with me and had not ever tasted gelato. She chose her normal Vanilla, but stated it was "too white". However, she truly enjoyed. I had the Salted Caramel and if my day had ended then, I would have died a very happy camper. Highly recommend - but live a little - chose something beside vanilla.....My mom certainly will next time.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 30, 2018

I've eaten my way through Italy with at least once daily gelato - sometimes two. Gelato Paradiso could compete with any gelato in Italy. Wonderful everchanging choice of unique flavors. Tucked in a charming alley of shops which offer seating - this is a MUST if you love gelato. The only negative is that due to its popularity there is usually a long line --- never fear, it moves along at a good pace.

Date of visit: August 2018