All reviews ocean view complimentary wine las brisas restaurant wine hour within walking distance rooftop terrace cookies and milk perfect location starbucks coffee the north end heisler park every evening shops and restaurants resort fee wonderful hotel pool and hot tub whole foods
Reviewed August 3, 2018

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights. It is so centrally located that we were able to park our car and never moved it until we left for the airport. We walked to everything. Very convenient. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly and attentive. My only negative was there really was no on-sight restaurant for snacks or dining. But a very minor concern as there are so many great places nearby. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank 266andreat
Peter A, Front Desk Supervisor at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Dear 266andreat,

Thank you so much for sharing your review.
It is wonderful to learn that you and your daughter had such a wonderful time here at The Inn at Laguna Beach. I also believe that the luxury of being able to walk to the most beautiful beaches, best restaurants and vibrant center of town is a phenomenal aspect of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2018

We had a great time in Laguna beach. We went to the Pageant of Masters and stayed at the Inn. The inn is right on the beach. It has beautiful views out over the ocean. There was complementary "happy hour" on the rooftop deck. Nice! The area is also very walkable. Many interesting sites and restaurants all around. It was easy to walk to the Pageant.

Room Tip: Some rooms with ocean view!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DBCB50

Dear DBCB50,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind review.

I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is wonderful that you were able to experience the view and atmosphere of our wine hour along with all of the other amazing sites within walking distance.

We hope to welcome you back for another spectacular time in Laguna Beach.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights as a family get together. The Hotel is very clean and a super location right in the middle of Laguna Beach. Lots of very different types and levels of restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jackscuba60
Peter A, Front Desk Supervisor at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear Jackscuba60,

Thank you so much for sharing your review.

I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I also believe that The Inn at Laguna Beach is a perfect place to explore some of the most beautiful parts of the West Coast. Our location is paramount among hotels in Laguna Beach and our close proximity to Los Angeles and San Diego make our hotel ideal for a family adventure in Laguna Beach and Southern California.

We hope to welcome you and your family back on your next visit to the West Coast.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

I was born and raised in Manhattan and the first time I saw Laguna Beach in the 1990s, with the mountains and palm tress coming almost to the water, I fell in love with the view where the road from the freeway, Laguna Canyon Road (Broadway) hits Pacific Coast Highway (US 1). That's the view you'll see from The Inn at Laguna. Finally in 2007 I moved to nearby Dana Point, and this view is still one of my favorites in California.
Everything is expensive in Laguna, especially hotels, but The Inn is where I host out of town guests because, for Laguna, it's mid-range, yet right on the water, with a hilltop view of the entire town that rivals the view of Diamond Head from Waikiki, in my opinion. And much less built up than Waikiki.
The Inn's rooms are beautiful, especially in an ocean-view balcony, and the service is stellar. Wine and snacks are free nightly on the rooftop ocean deck, and if you're there on the first Thursday night of the month, it's an even nicer spread due to the monthly town-wide "Art Walk." The pool is cute, with a view, a great place for kids. The beach below the hotel is lovely. Down the rose-bush fragrant garden path of the hill a few steps is the hotel's associated restaurant, Las Brisas, one of the best restaurants in Laguna, high-end Mexican-American fusion, more ocean view.
From the Inn, you can walk for a mile or two in either direction on the beach or along the ocean-view, palm-laden cliffs along the water, with great restaurants big and small all along the way. C'est La Vie French restaurant, a block from the Inn, is a great breakfast spot.
From June to Labor Day, Laguna has a free trolley to take you from one end of town to the other and to neighboring areas. There is no need at all for a car in the area, none. The Laguna Trolley also runs from Friday at 4 pm until Sunday night at 9pm or later, all year round.

Room Tip: It's all quiet. Spring for an ocean view balcony, higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank HappyKatya

Dear HappyKatya,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

I am so happy to learn that your recent stay with us was so wonderful. I agree that the view of the beach and coastline from The Inn at Laguna Beach is unrivaled. Being able to enjoy this view from our terrace or the privacy of one of our ocean view rooms is a spectacular experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy this gorgeous view and all of the fantastic restaurants and galleries steps from The Inn at Laguna Beach in the near future.

Peter Anderson

Reviewed July 12, 2018

I gave the Inn at Laguna Beach four stars but it was a five star experience, let me explain. Rating anything is a subjective task and to do so you generally compare your experience with something else. At the price point we paid to stay at the Inn I must compare it to the other "resorts" in the area. I will compare the Inn with the Montage, the Ritz Carlton, and the Avaria where we have also stayed. On paper its an unfair comparison with the Inn bringing a knife to a gun fight. The Inn is not a resort and lacks much of what the other resorts offer. There is no spa, no "fancy" pool, no high end restaurant (in fact no restaurant at all), no concierge, no valet parking, no staff that bows and scrapes before you, no new and modern buildings, no pretense of ultra luxury.... but these amenities do not define the experience of staying at any of these properties. What really matters is how the hotel makes you feel and how happy you are staying there. We have never had a more enjoyable experience staying anywhere else, the Inn at Laguna Beach was wonderful, even magical. While staying at the Inn is not cheap, after our room rate, resort fee, and parking we payed around $700 per night. You can stay at one of the upscale resorts for that much... but.. our room faced the ocean with a balcony and getting a room at the other resorts for that amount will get you a regular room with no view at all. Ocean view rooms at the resorts are much pricier. What made the Inn so special was its view and the proximity to the water. We were about 100 yards from the water and 50 yards from our room to the sand. I can't describe how wonderful it was to go to sleep with the balcony doors open listening to the waves crash onto the beach with the cool ocean breeze blowing into the room. The Inn itself is an older property with a few rough edges but it was obvious that the management cares about this place and keeps it up to a very high standard. The room was not "fancy" but it was very comfortable, attractive, spotless, and maintained to a very high standard. The staff was friendly, helpful, and professional. They did not exhibit the snooty false friendliness you find in the high dollar resorts... something we find tiring after a short while. So in the end we had a five star experience here... but I only gave the Inn four stars. I had to deduct one star for one really irritating thing.. there are two underground parking garages. The parking is tight but not impossible.. but the real issue was getting into the parking garages. In one of the garages there is a big "lip" where you enter the garage from the street and it literally grinds the bottom of your car. My car is a normal sedan and should have no clearance problems.. but every time I entered the garage was accompanied by a loud scraping. This was no bueno... besides this I give this place high praise.

Room Tip: One of the view rooms with a full balcony, avoid the pool rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank UncleMeat

Dear UncleMeat,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review.

I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I also truly appreciate your thorough comparison of our property to the many other top tier hotels and resorts around Laguna Beach. I share your view that the luxury we provide is derived from each magical experience that we provide our guests. Coupled with our impeccable location our staff works tirelessly to make this a luxurious experience in the most personalized way possible. I am so glad that we were able to meet this standard throughout your recent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.