“Excellent Italian food and service”

Alessa by Chef Pirozzi
Reserve with OpenTable
Alessa by Chef Pirozzi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 187 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2018

My son and I were in Laguna Beach and decided to visit Alessa's for dinner. It was a warm Tuesday evening and the restaurant was busy but not full. We decided to sit inside. Our waiter - Marco - was quintessential Italian (from Northern Italy) and he recommended the 3 meat appetizer. He recommended: Speck, 14 month old Parma Prosciutto, and wild Boar salami. We both sampled all three and found each to be delightful. If pressed I would have chosen the salami as the best of the bunch. Accompanying the appetizer was amazing Italian bread which is made in house. It was absolutely terrific.

For dinner my son ordered the Linguine Clams and I ordered the Orecchiette. It was delicious. The pasta was perfectly cooked and the sausage was very tasty. My son devoured the linguine and clams. For dessert we split a salted caramel gelato. It was excellent.

Marco was an excellent waiter. He answered our questions with explanation about what was in the dish and how it was cooked. He was delightful and attentive and made the our dinner together very enjoyable.

Highly recommended if you are in the mood for excellent and authentic Italian !

Reviewed September 6, 2018

I found this little gem by following my nose while in town shopping. The wonderful smells that come out of the kitchen in this open air restaurant make your mouth water. My favorite selection is the Butternut Squash Ravoli with burnt butter. Come visit and enjoy everything on the menu, you won't be disappointed/

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We are a family of four happily returning to Alessa for our second visit this evening, having enjoyed both the food and service the night before. Our Server Julia had attitude from the outset. She asked if we had any questions about the menu and when my wife asked one, she replied with a one word answer. She did not write down our order and it came out wrong - no surprise here. My son offered up his plate when she came to collect them at the end of the meal only to be chastened and told leave them alone. I asked about the dessert menu and she pointed to the other side of the table offering a one word answer - “there”. I was calculating the tip when she interjected with “I took that glass of wine off”, (it was corked). I was not checking this but sorting the amount to tip. She stood behind me watching me calculate the tip and my daughter caught her making gestures. She still got 16.5%, on reflection she should have got zero. She was a past master at sarcasm and given her appalling attitude we will unfortunately not eat there again. If I owned the restaurant I would sent her to charm school.

2  Thank Paudie94
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Took my family out to dinner at Alessa not knowing much about it beforehand. Thank God we made a reservation because this place is hyper popular. The hostess kept telling walk ins that the wait was 45 mins for a table and they willingly put their names down.

Once seated at hit table, It was a lively yet warm and cozy atmosphere. We got lucky to be served by a fantastic waiter named Alejandro who wisely guided us to order one of the best new dishes I’ve discovered in years: “spaghetti verde”. It looks so simple, but is somehow packed with flavor. Reminded me of the first time I had Cacio e Pepe. Alejandro’s recommendations were spot on all night (mozzarella appetizer, tiramisu dessert, etc.)

So make a reservation and don’t me intimidated by the crowds!

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Left the Skyloft Restaurant after drinks and came over to Alessa. Another fabulous meal. The Zucca is fantastic. The wife had veal marsella. We will be coming back soon.

Date of visit: August 2018