“Yummy breakfast”

Ranked #26 of 117 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 2, 2016

We were there on a Sunday am and got a table right away. Some of our party arrived before the rest, so we ordered some beignets to start. They were lovely pillows of dough...not greasy or heavy at all. That's just the way that I like them! Our party of 7 was served promptly after we ordered. I had the California Bene, which was delicious. Everyone enjoyed what they had, which consisted of most breakfast standards. My father asked for a change to one of their omelettes, and that was no problem. Our waitress was attentive and had a good sense of humor...a nice combination in a server.

Reviewed January 21, 2016

Went in At 7and waited until 7:20 B4 a server came by and told us she wild be right back, 15 min. later another server came by with the same story. SEE YA

Reviewed November 18, 2015

Some days the food is great, others its only ok. But the last time we went my husband has a real bad reaction to a TURKEY BURGER. I had a ruby melt, which is always very good, my sister had a regular burger, and my husband decided to eat healthy for the first time ever. He had a reaction within hours, which lasted a week. Altho he was glad to lose 20 lbs, he wasn't happy to do it within a week.

Reviewed September 27, 2015

I believe Ruby's pecan waffle combo is he best breakfast available in this area; ;however, today we went in for lunch and split the sea food platter with a shake. Both were excellent and plenty of food for two seniors.

Reviewed September 27, 2015

Ruby's Diner is at the end of the Balboa Pier. Beautiful view!!! Fifties-style diner with good diner food! Reasonably priced. Biggest issue is that, although they serve beer and wine inside the diner, there are NO public restrooms. You have to walk all the way back along the pier to the public restrooms on the beach. Very inconvenient!