“Brunch for 16? No Problems! Really, not one problem!”
Review of Woody's Diner

Woody's Diner
Ranked #25 of 116 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed May 11, 2017

Throwing brunch for 15 80-90 year old women for my mom's 86th birthday, all I could see was potential problems, at this age they love to complain, it's the #1 hobby of retirees. So imagine my surprise when the manager (sorry, forgot her name) seated us and introduced us to adorable Lauren, a high energy angel who took our orders, answered a million questions and requests, and got everyone the dish they wanted, as they wanted it and with coffee or decaf, all with no confusions, nothing went wrong.

I ordered Eggs Benedict Florentine style - delicious. I sampled the cinnamon bun french toast - fabulous. Hash browns looked great, the side fruit salad was fresh and sweet. The entrees all came out of the kitchen warm/hot and perfect. And that's with 16 people ordering breakfast, brunch and lunch dishes!

Woody's went out of their way to make sure that our party went without a hitch. They didn't seat anyone near us - so we were free to carry on for nearly 2 hours. We brought in our own cupcakes and they put the candles in them, lit them and served them as we sang.

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

I liked the pancakes and the crispy bacon. However my Huevos Rancheros was not that good. The only sauce on it was the pico de gallo which was full of onions. I prefer some type of sauce or salsa. The side of ranchero sauce I asked for was not good. We also ordered the lunch special Cuban sandwich. Again, it was not similar to any Cuban sandwiches my husband has had. It didn't even come out pressed like it usually is everywhere else so we asked them to do that. The kids mac and cheese looked like basic mac and cheese from the box but the presentation on the car was cute with the side of fruit. Service was okay. It started out good but later on we couldn't find our waiter to let him know he forgot one of the side orders. Another server spilled the maple syrup on our table and had to wipe it off. And my request of pico de gallo on the side was not done but instead all over my meal. Besides that, I would try this place again for the regular American breakfast fare as I enjoyed the pancakes and bacon and the location is convenient.

Reviewed March 18, 2017

Ashlynn is a phenomenal server with a fantastic sense of humor. The food was fabulous and I was able to substitute some items without an additional charge. Hubby enjoyed his meal as well.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

I enjoy the breakfast specials offered at Woody's, Monday - Friday. I always go with the eggs, sausage, and French toast. It's really a "treat"!

Wednesday night is 2 for 1 Burger night, plus beverages. Woody's has a "tasty" variety of burger choices. My wife an I always look forward to our burgers.

Atmosphere is great, sometimes a little loud if there's a major sports event being watched in the bar.

I totally recommend Woody's!

Reviewed November 19, 2016

I had the Belgian Waffle combo and let me tell you, it was great! Nice, fluffy and flavorful, I ate them so quickly since they tasted so great! I enjoyed the scrambled eggs too but my only complaint would be that the bacon wasn't that crispy after I specifically asked for "really crispy" bacon. Overall it was very good and I'm planning on going back!