Laguna Hills Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Spa
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfire stationel torohard boiled eggsgarden roomcontinental breakfastyogurtacross the streetfree wifimariposa roompageant of the masterslaundry facilitiesbusiness centerpool areabuilding cexercise roomshort driveorange county
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We wanted a non-chain hotel for our long weekend in SoCal, so I booked the Laguna Hills Lodge based on the many positive TripAdvisor reviews. I could not have been more pleased with our experience, especially for the price! The location (just off the 5) was perfect for us, as we wanted a location central to our day trips to area beaches, Palm Springs, and San Diego. Check-in was quick and painless and made extra-special with freshly baked cookies. After unpacking, my husband had to get his fish taco fix at Rubio's, so we made the easy walk across the street to the Laguna Mall. I did not use the pool nor the hot tub, but my husband pronounced them "just fine." We both made use of the fitness room, which came equipped with two incline treadmills, a cycle, and a circuit weight system. (Running on a treadmill is a lot more enjoyable overlooking a pool!) The room was larger than I'd expected and included a microwave, a mini-fridge/freezer combo, and a separate sink/shower/tub. If you're a smoker - especially one not accustomed to California's strict smoking laws - you'll want to request a smoking room, as there is only one designated smoking area on the property. Our room faced a relatively busy street, but I didn't find the traffic noise to be noticeable at all, and the area itself was absolutely safe (speaking of which, it's also across from a fire station - but again, the noise wasn't an issue for this city dweller.) The continental breakfast was better than I've had at more expensive lodges: coffee, fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, dry and hot cereal, danishes, etc. We'll definitely stay in this little gem of a property again on future trips to the OC!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mediamama317
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We've now stayed here on 2 separate occasions and love it. Its not a new hotel but very well kept up. Basic breakfast but does the job.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Looking for a cozy place that won't break your budget? Stay here. It's close to some great restaurants and feels more like a resort. Very quiet and safe. Great for families. Find a guy named Roland. Super nice dude. He'll take good care of you.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2012

OK, for the good, close to where we were going which was to visit my aunt, also the price was right. The bad, noise from the traffic, close to busy road. The ?, noisy neighbors, not the motels fault, small room for breakfast, the continental breakfast was about average for a mid range motel. Would I stay here again, maybe, but I would check out other hotels/motels in the area first. .......one last thing, easy access to I-5

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Note that I state "motel" as this property isn't a hotel. Some might be concerned about the fact that even though it has internal corridors, anyone can access them. However, the area seemed very safe so not really an issue.

Breakfast was basic but nice, rooms were fantastic just as nice as good 3* properties. Bathroom was compact with a 3/4 length bath. TV great with 60 channels! Service on the front desk was fine but could have been a little more welcoming upon first arrival. Made use of the heated pool, again a great bonus in the winter.

As some have mentioned, there is a fire station right across the street with very loud fire engines departing quite regularly between 7am and 10pm but didn't hear anything during the night. Traffic noise was minimal.

Generally a great stay in a very nice location just a short drive from Laguna Beach, although I'd recommend the short drive to the Irvine Spectrum Center rather than using the local mall which was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Being away from Paseo De Valencia is probably a good idea but to be honest it didn't make much difference with the fire engine noise for us
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple