“Clean, charming and very relaxing"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fleur de Lac European Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Arrowhead
Fleur de Lac European Inn
Los Angeles, California
“Clean, charming and very relaxing"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

We stayed for one night after labor day for a quick getaway. The inn is charming and very well-maintained. We stayed in the Bordeaux room which had good mattress, large shower and premium linens. This was room small (they have larger ones) but for the price it was a great deal. The owner went out of her way to get us anything we needed in a friendly, but unobtrusive way. We will be going back.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

My Husband and I took his parents here for the weekend to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Upon arrival we were greeted by the very helpful , nice, accommodating manager who gave us a tour complete with complementary chilled wine and a customized cake for my in-laws! The rooms were immaculate, nicely decorated, and comfortable. Our family ended up having a wonderful weekend celebration! My husband and I plan to come back annually. The Breakfast is delicious! Fruit, pancakes, sweet sausage, as much coffee as you can drink and orange juice. There us also wine for purchase in the great room in various different price ranges to accommodate your budget. Can't wait to go back! My husband and I stayed in "The Chelsea". We loved it- very cozy and romantic! My in-laws also had a marvelous time. It meant so much to my Husband and I that they enjoyed staying here as it was our gift to them.

• Stayed September 2010
Burbank, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Got to the inn with my husband and there was no one at the front desk. Then the owner came in through the great room to greet us. He looked a little rough around the edges, not what I expected from an owner or host, but he turned out to be a very nice guy. He offered us a glass of wine but we declined since we don't drink wine. He looked at our reservation, got the key to our room, and walked us there. We stayed in the Chelsea room which was small, cozy, and cute. The bathroom was immaculate and the shower was a good size. The owner showed us how to turn on the heater which looked like a fireplace because it was a but chilly up there.

The room did it's job. It was comfortable. The only thing about the room is that the window didn't fully shut right and since it was a little cold up there, there was a little bit of a breeze coming in throughout the night. My husband and I weren't bothered by that. We did notice in the morning there was no iron or ironing board which would have been nice but once again, it wasn't a big issue with us. I brought my own haid dryer so I didn't miss that.

We paid $152 for the one night and that's including tax. I did like that the owner and manager recommeded a concert that was going on over at Lake Arrowhead Village the night we stayed there. Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

Stayed here the day after Christmas. Isabella the manager was the best host we've had while traveling, offering us food and drink, as well as a tour and history of the Inn. We stayed in the Fleur de Lac room, in my opinion the best room after being able to see the 5 rooms there. Its a two level room with a jacuzzi tub, large four post bed and an antique style faux fireplace with heater control so the room can be as warm or cool as you like it. We had 24 hr access to the great room with a gas fireplace, full kitchen and restroom, as well as snacks and drinks. The inn is across the street from the Village, the retail area of mostly residential Lake Arrowhead.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2009

I have been to Lake Arrowhead before, but this was such a treat. I have never had such awesome and attentive service. The owner Ross and the manager Isabel have to be the kindest people ever!! The rooms were so romantic..when we checked in Isabel had our room warmed already and then brought us wine and crackers! It was a great family vaca with our 3 kids..yet my husband and I were able to experience all the romance! They had a beautiful and tasty Xmas Dinner for free for everyone in the warm and cozy community area...all the rooms had exquisite antique furniture that made this truly a chateau feel...it was amazing and we will be repeat customers for years to come!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Corona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2009

We ended up taking a spur of the moment trip to lift our spirits. Fleur de Lac did just that. The Manager, Isy, gave us a tour of the grounds and the rooms when we arrived. She gave us all kinds of treats to enjoy, popcorn, cookies, hot chocolate, even some wine and champagne. During our stay she even took out the toy train and set it up with our little boy.
She truly made us feel welcomed, and made it a point to give us her cell phone number in case we needed anything.
We ended up staying in the Villa Toscana. Which was perfect for my husband, and I, and our young son. In our room there was a loft where our son could play with his toys, and watch his cartoons, and even sleep on the sofa bed. Down below was a beautiful 4 poster bed for us, and a jacuzzi tub. Everything was so nice!
I read in one review that there were cobwebs everywhere, I didn't see anything like that. Everything was neat, clean, and organized. We will definitely come back here!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
tk11591
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

We sent two nights at the Fleur de Lac and liked it a lot. The owners were very friendly and informative. The hotel was very cute and romantic and we enjoyed ourselves while we were there. The room was very clean and as described. The only things that I believe would bother other people would be that the ceiling fan in our room was very loud and the street noise was very load as well because it sits right on the highway. We also paid the sale price for the room which does not include the breakfast. Other than that, we thought that the Fleur de Lac is a very nice, romantic bed and breakfast to get away for a few nights.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
0.3 km away
Arrowhead Lake Inn
Arrowhead Lake Inn
#1 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Fleur de Lac European Inn? Share your experiences!