“Good tacos, lots of choices, outdoor seating, clean.”

California Fish Grill
Ranked #15 of 287 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: We are a fast casual seafood restaurant chain that offers quality seafood in large portions at affordable prices. Try us today and "Get Hooked" #CaliforniaFishGrill
Reviewed April 29, 2018

Went for supper with colleagues on Tuesday, 04/23.
We all enjoyed our choices. Order taker was friendly and explained whatever we needed to know. Picked up meal at end of counter. self serve soda fountain and condiment bar.
Sat outside to enjoy the fresh, warm air. Everything was clean.
I'd go back, my colleagues did go back that same week.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

If you are a seafood lover such as myself, then you will love CFG. We eat here a lot because their food is so delicious! The different styles of how they cook the fish is very unique and tasty. I personally prefer the cajun style. Their selection of fish is really good as well. Give it a try and you won´t be disappointed!

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

For a “walk up and order” place, the food was surprisingly good. The beans were plain, but the fish tacos were truly excellent. I avoided the salsa bar, which did not exude “good idea.” The tacos were great as-is, though, and the machine with lots of flavors of soda was fun. I liked the agave vanilla cream soda!

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Fast food, order at counter,pick up at counter, bus your own dishes. but food was great. Several types of fish, some breaded, some not. Tacos,and platters. Good food, reasonable prices, served hot and timely.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

It's tough trying to watch what you eat while you're traveling. Especially if you're on a no-carb diet like me. So when lunchtime rolled around and my stomach started growling like a grizzly bear doing a Morse-code impersonation, it was time to eat.

California Fish Grill appeared in my Google Maps app, and since fish and seafood are carb-friendly, we decided to give it a go.

I'm glad we did.

The restaurant was clean, and the order-taker friendly and cheery.

I ordered the Cajun Salmon salad on a bed of fresh mixed greens, tomatoes, walnuts, cranberries, red and green onions, and feta cheese served with a sweet lime vinaigrette. It was AWESOME. The salad arrived with 2 salmon filets -- that's 100% more salmon than I expected to get. And they were seasoned and cooked to absolute perfection. Best salmon filets I've ever had. Period.

The vinaigrette was a little sweet -- I think they could dial down the sugar, but the festival of flavor was intoxicating. It really hit the spot.

This restaurant purchases seafood from producers participating in sustainable farming practices. They purchase both farmed and wild-caught fish and seafood. A bonus for those who want their dollars to go toward environmentally friendly business practices.

I'll definitely come back the next time I'm out west. Wish they had these in the midwest!

1  Thank TieTheKnotVideos