“Disappointed”
Review of Sizzler

Sizzler
Ranked #37 of 305 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: American
Description: Sizzler is home to U.S.D.A Choice hand-cut steaks, seafood, including fresh, sustainable Salmon, all complimented by our Unlimited Craft Salad Bar.
Reviewed October 8, 2016

We had not gone to Sizzler in quite a while. First impression was sticker shock. Prices are those one would expect from a good steakhouse. Service was fast, probably because there were not many customers at 5:45pm. Both my wife and I had the sirloin steak. Cooked as we had requested. When it came to eat them, they were so tough as close to uneatable. Certainly not even select grade. Our server offered more bread then disappeared. There are many better steak houses in Lake forest at a comparable or lower prices.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed September 14, 2016

I go here about 3 to 4 times a month.

The good: Food is fairly fresh and easy to self serve salad bar. The salad bar is a decent variety of choices

The bad: Television! Sports stations like football, baseball ... etc .. I am totally fine with that, but .... street fights, mma fights .. while children are eating and seeing the violence .. It is turning me away from wanting to take the family here anymore. Personally I do not care, but I see no need to expose young children to that violence, blood, and bone breaking. Just bad for young eyes.

The ugly: At least 50% of the time I go here, my order is messed up. I am simple, salmon, no glaze and not seasoning, again today I got seasoning. I like the taste of fish, so the seasoning does not do it for me, the problem is that when I said it today (3 times when ordering) she somehow did not hear my request. This sucks having to wait for the fish to be cooked a 2nd time. The waitress even said "the hostess did not put it here on your receipt". I just wish people would pay attention. It would take away my frustration and save them time and money.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

This is our third time at this sizzler while in town
Food is fresh and tasty, orders come out quickly.
Great price for what you receive.
Order takers and waitress are very friendly and always clearing your table.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

This was definitely in of the nicest steak houses for the price. I had steak and lobster. The steak was angus. It was cooked just right. The lobster was also tasteful. The salad bar had a good variety of cold and hot dishes. It would be a dinner without even ordering an entree.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 13, 2016

Over the past 35 years I have dined at this restaurant and originally I called it a 5 star in disguise because of the value and the quality. Although the new owner has built it up with a great interior appearance wise and the choices are pretty fair, the sodium, sugar, and the over use of mayonnaise is ridiculous along with the prices creeping up and up which make it not such a bargin. I must be very selective between the tough chewy steaks and the chicken that is tasteless and tough. The presentation is terrific, so are the soups and the fried onion rings, plus the raspberry tea is terrific. Overall, don't expect higher quality food or preparation. The salad bar is very good and that is where I am more selective to avoid the carbs and the sodium and excessive use of mayo mostly. The service is good, and I like the atmosphere. I remind myself, the food is the reason I am there. So be aware of what you are selecting to consume and its seasoning.

Date of visit: June 2016