“Good Peruvian”

Delicias Peruanas
Ranked #31 of 302 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile

Red snapper saltado was delicious! Also, the chicken saltado was good. They were a little salty, but delicious!

Reviewed November 10, 2016 via mobile

Ordered the saltado camarones and the shrimp were so small you think they would have given you more than like 5. It was all potatoes and rice... hardly any shrimp at all. Not worth $18. I never give bad reviews but I feel I was sort of cheated and only received an order of French fries and rice

1  Thank Theresa W
Reviewed September 13, 2016

We developed a taste for Peruvian food on holiday in Peru; and we make it a point to sample each such restaurant we run across in our US travels. After two visits, this Peruvian gem makes it into the top 3 visited thus far. Although its a small part of a typical OC strip mall, the interior was a comfortable space to dine in. Our waiter quickly realized that we were fans of the complementary green sauce served with rolls and he kept up flush with Aji Verde. We ordered a refreshing onion salad, but strangely enough it was served with our entrees rather than as an appetizer. I had a red snapper entrée that was perfectly cooked and served with sautéed onions, tomato slices, rice and yuca. it was exactly what I had hoped for. My partner gave high marks to her Lomo Saltado.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our first visit here. I love Peruvian food. The complimentary rolls are served nice and hot and it's delicious with butter or the spicy green sauce. I liked the chicken chicharones and the lime sipping sauce. My daughter had the Milanese de pollo. Their breading is more crunchy compared to Inka Mama and it needed more seasoning. We also ordered a side of fried plantains. They were nice and sweet. Nice friendly people and nice presentation. But I would love to come back and try more of the dishes on their menu.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

If you've eaten Peruvian food before you know that if it isn't fresh it will be bad. This little restaurant has some of the freshest and tastiest Peruvian food around. Love the fact that it's not gourmet but wonderful home style. Family owned, great service, great atmosphere. Special dishes made on weekends. You'll love it!