“Great Indian Food”
Review of Royal Rasoi

Royal Rasoi
Ranked #47 of 286 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Reviewed January 30, 2018

Excellent food. I lived in Oakland and frequented many an Indian restaurant in Berkeley, Oakland, SF, and Freemont. This place is as good as the best of those.

I have no idea on buffet. We order 3 plates and all were very good. Medium is more spicy that usual.

steve

Reviewed January 6, 2018

I've been there 5 times now and it has always been good. Granted I enjoy some dishes more than others but that's just a personal preference no that the food was not good.
Food is very fresh, clean, and tasty.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

The owners really care about the quality of food and about their customers. The lunch buffet is really good with a wide variety of dishes. The prices are moderate. The lady who runs the show ia very hard working and has a great attitude. Considering that the quality of Indian restaurants in Southern California is way poorer than that in the Bay area, Royal Rasoi takes on the Bay area's challenge.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

Pathetic food. There was not at all good service. Lemon rice and normal rice both half cooked. Me and my 3 friends wasted time, money and food thirst.
When we gave feedback they said cook is so much busy to hear the feedback.
It doesn't matter for them if food is good or not. IT seems they in fact don't taste the food before putting it for buffet.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

We ate here on a business trip to the area. The food was pretty good, but the service was extremely slow. It was a nice day, so we sat outside to soak up some sun, and I think the waiter basically forgot about us. He took a long time to even take our order and we ended up having to go inside to pay since he never came back to take the check. As there was only one other table inside with people at it, I can't imagine that it was do to how busy the restaurant was.

The food was good, and I was traveling with a woman from South India who also thought it was good (for credibility building sake). I had the lamb biryani and one warning - even if you order mild, it will still be pretty hot (good nonetheless).

Overall, I don't think I would go here again based solely on the slow service. .