Shasta Lake Rv Resort & Cmpgrd
US$135
  • Restaurant
Shasta Dam Motel(Shasta Lake)
US$63
US$61
US$129
US$72
TripAdvisor
Comfort Suites Redding(Redding)(Great Value!)
US$116
ComfortSuites
US$54
  • Pool
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

We counted on laundry and pool and internet and when we booked we were assures of all of it. Wrong! Pool had been down for two years. Internet is sketchy and mostly not available so we were without cells and internet. No laundry and pretty much not family friendly. Space is really tight so you are right on top of your neighbor. Would nt recommend this park. Wont be back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Joni F
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I am the family coordinator for our family reunion. I got online and found Shasta RV park and campground. I read a few posts about the place and made the decision to plan the family reunion there. I am so happy I did. Out of the 19 people who showed only one had a problem with the train noise. Most of us waited for the train to go by so we could make bets on how many minutes before the next one came. The park is located in an old pear ranch with pear trees planted in 1920. Joyce was very friendly to all of us and seemed not to mind the kids running in and out of the little store there. I must say the only problem we had was a family who did not want to follow the noise rules. They stayed awake all night partying. Joyce insured me that the family was already red flagged and would not be allowed back. If I ever thought about camping there again I would not hesitate to call for reservations. Thank you Joyce. I loved the trains that brought back happy childhood memories. Sheila S. Pitts.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank seamer1attnet
Reviewed 25 January 2015

Oh, my g-d!! To look at the pictures of this RV park on here and the web you'd think it was quite nice? We tried to make a reservation here an was told by the manager that they had plenty of vacancies and just to come on to the park. Now I know why.... This place is absolutely a pit... Trash everywhere, many of the spaces are non functional with no electricity to the box and the sewer connection either unavailable or full of concrete or debris. The full timers that live here are spread out over two or three spaces. The trees low hanging and everything is overgrown. I walked the rv spaces because I was afraid that if I pulled in I may not be able to get out. Long story short... I would rather spend the night in a parking lot or alongside the road than at this park. The whole area is VERY questionable. I wouldn't stay if they paid me! Sorry to write a bad review but I was promised that this was a very nice spot and park. I guess that's a perception problem. We went to Mt Shasta KOA not far from there. Nice little park and very nice people!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jlben1
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We didn't go in expecting a whole lot, we just wanted a place to set up a tent for the night. Noone was rude to us, the camping spot was fine, the areas we went to were not dirty or unkempt. Yes, you hear some road noises, and the train went by 2 or 3 times in the night, but if you come prepared you can stick ear plugs in if you wish. I just stuck my finger in my ear 'til it went by, then went back to sleep. It has pretty trees, we used the "Honey Buckets" not far from our site, they showed a movie for all the kids at 7:30, which I thought was nice, there's a store and gas area not that far away that has foods and things you might forget when you pack for camping. We made a fire and roasted hot dogs and enjoyed our stay there. We didn't check out the pool or showers, so I can't rate that. But for what we needed: a simple overnight stay, it was just fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Missionminded
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Joyce the owner greeted us with major attitude as the kids asked if the candy had sales tax and she said if you want it too. She also had a problem with my 2nd vehicle as it was registered with our site number and she asked when we were leaving. She is rude and we will not be coming back to this place again. Spent a lot of money here to stay and there are lots of nicer places close by.

• Stayed: July 2013