“Enjoyed anther stay on the lake”
Review of Mallard House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakeport
Mallard House
Ranked #4 of 8 Lakeport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We've been staying at the Mallard House for a few years now, mainly over the 4th of July. Lily is always friendly and remembers us by name. The rooms have everything that we need including a small kitchen with a full sized refrigerator. The Safeway grocery store is a couple of miles away, so we can buy what we need and use the propane or charcoal grill that is available to the guests. We always end up eating outside and enjoying the view of the lake and warm weather. The 4th of July fireworks were superb and we are always surprised at the amazing show for such a little town. Looking forward to going back!

I noticed some reviews discuss the lake and the friendliness of the staff. It is a warm water lake, so it won't be crystal clear like Tahoe, but you can swim in it for as long as you want without turning blue. I do recommend taking the boat out a little ways from the shore before getting in. As far as Lily, our experience with her has always been terrific. She has gone out of her way to give us extras if needed, even giving us spoons from her own kitchen.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2011

We didn't want to spend a lot on fancy hotel, so we chose this cottage style inn for a very reasonable price. I didn't see many pictures on their website so I was kinda worried.., but when we arrived we found everything's just great:) The room is clean and tidy, and the location is perfect. We booked a kitchenette which was very convenient, even though it's not big everything you need is there...They also have barbecue areas on the lawn by the lake...
The owner of the inn is a very nice lady who's very warmhearted and talkative.Before we left we had some fruit that we couldn't finish and she gave us two lunch boxes so that we could take it with us on the road:)
Anyway, we enjoyed the stay there quite a lot and if the owner saw this review here's my recommendation: take more beautiful pictures of your inn and put it on your website! (the pictures on your website now are just too small!)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liyun
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Rooms are clean, comfortable and well equiped. The owners are very nice and easy to work with. Prices are more than fair. We'll be visiting later in the summer...can't wait!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Nivamp
Reviewed 2 July 2011

My husband & I visit the Inn to just relax and enjoy peace & quiet several times a year and have done so for the past 9 years. We've stayed in most of the rooms, with or without kitchen, and the rooms are always super clean w/comfy beds, treats on your pillow, coffee maker, microwave and good kitchen amenities.

The owners, Clyde & Lily and their son Christopher treat you like family, are courteous and go out of their way to accomodate your needs. We always go whenever my Mom is in town and once Clyde & Christopher took us for a boat ride and delivered us to our dining destination (think it's called Lakeside Bistro - great food and views of the lake and park); we then enjoyed a lovely walk down Main St and back to the Inn.
I was indignant and bewildered when I read a recent review and was going to make a scathing retort but decided some people are never happy, never satisfied - their loss- and not worth my time & energy.
I highly recommend The Mallard Housed and have referred friends & family over the years - they've all become return guests.
Try it! You'll love it!!
Flozelle
Petaluma CA

Room Tip: Just talk to the owners, they go all out for you!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Flozelle
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I love this place! I stay here several times a year and have for many years. I never think about staying anywhere else. The rooms are clean, comfortable and charming and its always this way. I really like the smaller size of the motel (there's not hundreds of rooms with cars and lots of noise) and you will feel like its your quiet little home on the lake. The owners are very friendly and its nice to be remembered every time I come back. You will really like the owners, Clyde and Lilly; I look forward to seeing and talking with them every time I come back. Enjoy Clearlake and your stay at the Mallard House!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Boomershine
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I was surprised to read what I thought was an insulting and unreasonable review recently and I wanted to post my experiences. We stayed at the Mallard House Inn during last April and May. Because of my husband's business, we needed to stay in Lakeport for a couple of months. After we stayed at one motel briefly, we were uncomfortable and the bathroom smelled bad. Then we found Mallard House Inn. It's a charming English-style cottage inn. The management and staff treated us like family guests. They always made sure the room was clean and provided us with whatever we needed. It was quiet and relaxing and we always slept well at night. Many evenings after work, we would enjoy time by the lake. It felt like being at home. It's just a short walk to downtown park, restaurants and other shops.
We have recommended the Inn to many of our friends and relatives.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank goodmangirl
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Very nice and cute little Inn on Clear Lake in Lakeport, CA......Wonderful owners..very helpful. The room was very clean and nice with a full kitchen. We stayed 2 nights, fished,
hung out in the hot tub, and one nite had a BBQ...We are going back in Sept for the big Sea Plane Splash-In event...Would recommend the place to any one...Great value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple